Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Ford Convertible

Raul_Perez

This is one that I built several years ago that's still a favorite of mine (meaning I haven't given it away to make room for something newer...yet).

It's a combination of the AMT '50 Ford convertible with the chassis pan from the AMT '49 Ford (the difference being the '49 chassis doesn't have a molded in place exhaust system). The engine, tranny, driveline, rear end, rear suspension, tires and wheels all came from the Revell '32 Ford 3 window coupe kit. The seats came from a late-model Mustang. The few body mods, including the chopped windshield, are custom parts from the '50 Ford kit.

DSC04804-vi.jpg

DSC04805-vi.jpg

DSC04807-vi.jpg

DSC04810-vi.jpg

DSC04812-vi.jpg

DSC04813-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Edited by Raul_Perez

Awesome work as always, I believe I saw this one in our fotki album, why dont you post all the ones youve done that arent on here yet ;):lol:;)

All in due time, my young friend, all in due time...

You see, by spacing out when I post stuff that I built years ago, it provides the illusion that I periodically get something done!! :o

Thanks for all of the compliments, guys!!

George,

I lowered the rear roll pan and contoured the exhaust openings. I also switched the left and right pipes where they exit the mufflers so that they came out in the center instead of the sides.

Edited by Raul_Perez

• 2 weeks later...
very nice shoe box thank you for keeping it all FORD!

Thanks!! Yeah...I like to Ford engines in Ford cars, Chevy in Chevy...

Beautiful work one of the best from one of my favorite builders, but... the rest of the car is waaaay too cool for that plasticky steering wheel!

(Had a Zephyr Z7 for a while, didn't like it THERE either!)

Thanks!! That's too funny!! I guess that I'd have to agree with you on that one. The steering wheel is way too contemporary for the rest of the build, even though the seats came from the same Mustang kit as the steering wheel...