Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greetings from England

skid896

Hi, just getting into the hobby after building a Nissan Skyline for one of my young sons.  Now I have 4 builds on the bench at the same time, Union models 1:20 Lamborghini Countach LP500, tyhe rest are 1:24 Tamiya Ferrari 360 spider, Fujimi BMW 635 csi and an AMT 1969 Fast and Furious Yenko Camaro which I am attempting to make into some kind of Street Fighter.

Big fan of both JDM Japanese cars and Muscle cars from the USA plus European exotics and as a Dad, fast wagons which I know are more of a European trend than what you tend to get in the USA. 

I am enjoying learning from everyone else on the forums, thanks for sharing all the tips and tricks.  

Paul

Thanks for the welcome guys, I live in Yorkshire close to Leeds.  I also have a 1:1 wagon that you can't get in the USA, the Skoda Octavia VRS Combi.  Just wish someone would build a kit for these.  rel14  I had to  look up what a 54 Ford 2 dr ranch wagon was but that is an awesome classic to have, you are very lucky.

VRS rio red.jpg

217 bhp Petrol of course Kemszi!  Luckily I don't do a lot of miles so I can forget the mpg.  Passat is a really nice car and bigger I also don't like the facelift on the new VRS.  Guys thanks for the welcome, I am steadily picking up tips and trying out new ideas as I go along.  Really enjoying keeping up with the builds people are posting.

Edited by skid896

I rented a Skoda the first time in Scotland a year ago and it was a very nice car.   This summer I got a Ford Mondeo, which is a Fusion here in NA.  The licensing is different over their.  My daughter is allowed to drive an automatic on a Canadian D/L but has to take lessons to drive a standard.