Model Cars Magazine Forum

USPS question

towtruck

Media Mail is a cost-effective way to send educational materials. This service has restrictions on the type of media that can be sent. From $2.63 at a Post Office.

Media mail was originally "Book Rate"  or "Library Rate", and was used for libraries to send books to patrons.  It got expanded to media as that market evolved. Sending software is okay, old lp records too.   Media should not contain advertising, so magazines are out, but you can send a shop manual.

People do try to abuse this and the USPS has the right to open any package sent by this rate. Back when I sold kits on eBay I'd have people wanting me to send them media rate to save them a few cents.  

Media Mail is a cost-effective way to send media materials through the U.S. Postal Service. You can send books, videotapes, DVDs, CDs, printed music and other sound recordings through Media Mail as long as they weigh less than 70 pounds.

Edited by martinfan5