Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clint's Mobil One Ford

martinfan5

Clint's Mobil One Ford , ran this at Daytona and the Homestead test, this is for that test we will say,  Powerslide decals, Tamiya paint, TS26/93 lowered the ride height, added fuel lines, adjustment bolts, plug wires, did the low DF spoiler, added a few of the missing roll bars and the front splitter and the dummy bumper camera pod.

oYjxusL.jpg

zYSvwYU.jpg

l6jzDYA.jpg

jRCUnDw.jpg

13 hours ago, MarkJ said:

That's sad because I wanted to use one of these kits as a donor for the chassis but the resin toyota body is based on the diecast and  1/24 scale diecasts are bigger than these revell kits so it will look funny.

I agree, I am very sad about it, and I just dont care for Diecast's

Since the snap kits are so cheap now , $9.35 at hobby lobby,  i'm going to take a ford and try to turn it into a Toyota. The  current arca Toyotas are still like the 2016 nascar Toyotas so its worth a try. The chevy would probably be easier to convert but They were all sold out at the two hobby lobbys I go to. If it doesn't work i'm only out 10 bucks and some time. if it does work I'll get a new glue kit, probably a chevy,  and do one of those into a Toyota.

6 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Good luck, I thought about trying that as well,  I think you are better off using the Ford over the Chebby,

You're probably right. the Chevy has that depressed area in the sides starting behind the front fenders that has a fake emblem at the front of it that will have to be filled in. the Toyota has a feature line along the top of the quarters that runs down to the top of the front fender opening.  the rear bumper will have to be changed a bit and of course the nose needs a complete makeover. the quarter glasses are different but it can be cut out at the end and reshaped at the top and  I can make a clear styrene one to replace the kit quarter glasses. should be fun.

17 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

You're probably right. the Chevy has that depressed area in the sides starting behind the front fenders that has a fake emblem at the front of it that will have to be filled in. the Toyota has a feature line along the top of the quarters that runs down to the top of the front fender opening.  the rear bumper will have to be changed a bit and of course the nose needs a complete makeover. the quarter glasses are different but it can be cut out at the end and reshaped at the top and  I can make a clear styrene one to replace the kit quarter glasses. should be fun.

I think the Ford's overall nose shape is closer to the Toyota over the Chevy's,   oh yes, its going to be a real blast :lol: