[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
martinfan5

Clint's Mobil One Ford

Recommended Posts

Clint's Mobil One Ford , ran this at Daytona and the Homestead test, this is for that test we will say,  Powerslide decals, Tamiya paint, TS26/93 lowered the ride height, added fuel lines, adjustment bolts, plug wires, did the low DF spoiler, added a few of the missing roll bars and the front splitter and the dummy bumper camera pod.

oYjxusL.jpg

zYSvwYU.jpg

l6jzDYA.jpg

jRCUnDw.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got your groove going with these Fords Jonathan.  I hope Clint can get going in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Bruce and Carl

Yeah, it would be nice to see him have a better 2018

Edited by martinfan5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another awesome build, Jonathan. Looks perfect. I wish they would come out with a Toyota. Have you heard anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All your builds look so right , I always look forward to seeing your latest work .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All your builds look so right , I always look forward to seeing your latest work .

I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another awesome build, Jonathan. Looks perfect. I wish they would come out with a Toyota. Have you heard anything?

Not happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not happening

That's sad because I wanted to use one of these kits as a donor for the chassis but the resin toyota body is based on the diecast and  1/24 scale diecasts are bigger than these revell kits so it will look funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MarkJ said:

That's sad because I wanted to use one of these kits as a donor for the chassis but the resin toyota body is based on the diecast and  1/24 scale diecasts are bigger than these revell kits so it will look funny.

I agree, I am very sad about it, and I just dont care for Diecast's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I agree, I am very sad about it, and I just dont care for Diecast's

Yes and I really don't care for resins either. Too expensive and too much work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Yes and I really don't care for resins either. Too expensive and too much work.

It depends, I dont mind the price if the resin is decent, and does not require a ton of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

It depends, I dont mind the price if the resin is decent, and does not require a ton of work.

The one I got was very low quality and did require a ton of work. Never again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the snap kits are so cheap now , $9.35 at hobby lobby,  i'm going to take a ford and try to turn it into a Toyota. The  current arca Toyotas are still like the 2016 nascar Toyotas so its worth a try. The chevy would probably be easier to convert but They were all sold out at the two hobby lobbys I go to. If it doesn't work i'm only out 10 bucks and some time. if it does work I'll get a new glue kit, probably a chevy,  and do one of those into a Toyota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck, I thought about trying that as well,  I think you are better off using the Ford over the Chebby,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Good luck, I thought about trying that as well,  I think you are better off using the Ford over the Chebby,

You're probably right. the Chevy has that depressed area in the sides starting behind the front fenders that has a fake emblem at the front of it that will have to be filled in. the Toyota has a feature line along the top of the quarters that runs down to the top of the front fender opening.  the rear bumper will have to be changed a bit and of course the nose needs a complete makeover. the quarter glasses are different but it can be cut out at the end and reshaped at the top and  I can make a clear styrene one to replace the kit quarter glasses. should be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

You're probably right. the Chevy has that depressed area in the sides starting behind the front fenders that has a fake emblem at the front of it that will have to be filled in. the Toyota has a feature line along the top of the quarters that runs down to the top of the front fender opening.  the rear bumper will have to be changed a bit and of course the nose needs a complete makeover. the quarter glasses are different but it can be cut out at the end and reshaped at the top and  I can make a clear styrene one to replace the kit quarter glasses. should be fun.

I think the Ford's overall nose shape is closer to the Toyota over the Chevy's,   oh yes, its going to be a real blast :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now