[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
BIGTRUCK

1993 Chevy Taxi

I never did a taxi before so last week I started one..[ Revell snapper kit ]. I used the Police car as its done in white , I have he taxi / firechief kit also but its not in white but pretty much share the same parts.. I copied the the decals from the taxi kit and glued them in place inside. . The original decals are stickers..I had an interior junk P/E set #2 and used a few items , clip board [ the kit comes with a clipboard but the P/E one is better,] seat back nets, sunglasses and, ice scraper. Making a double sided advertising sign for the roof. Added flock for carpet. Even though its a snap kit ,you can spend many extra hours and add a lot detail.

DSC08750DSC08755DSC08758DSC08759

Edited by BIGTRUCK

Good job so far on that interior!  And you're giving me some ideas.  I found 2 of those kits cheap at a flea market recently. One was the Taxi/Fire version molded in yellow. The other was the original police car molded in white (with the goofy oversized light bar).  Both were built, but without glue, so they were easy to disassemble.  And all the "Taxi" stickers were used.  No big deal, I'll do what you did and convert them into decals.  The original sheet was still in the box, so I just un-stuck them from the body and stuck them back on the sheet.

I like those kits.  Simple, but you can do a lot with them.  A couple of casters made resin station-wagon bodies for them too.

Good job on getting the colors of the interior right. Most people don't seem to know that the 1991-1993 Caprice with tan interior had a brown dash.

Great work so far!  

You can take that sticker sheet and scan it to make your own decals.  

Great looking interior. Your right these are pretty basic kits but with the detailing your adding they really come alive.  

Great work so far!  

You can take that sticker sheet and scan it to make your own decals.  

I’d be interested in your method for making decals.  Are you using the Testors decal sheets?  They come in laser jet and ink jet.  

I've been using the Bare Metal Foil brand decal sheets. they also come in laser jet and ink jet.  I use the ink jet ones on my home printer.

I would scan the sticker sheet and resize it (if needed) in Word. Then I'd probably run those on white decal paper.  Testors makes a decal fixative that I use to spray on the decals after the ink dries.  

Cool looking start to this beast.

Built several into police cars into the past.

Need to find more of these following with interest. 

Cool looking start to this beast.

Built several into police cars into the past.

Need to find more of these following with interest. 

Most builders shy away from these kits because of the words "Snap kit"  so they go pretty cheap at shows.

Most builders shy away from these kits because of the words "Snap kit"  so they go pretty cheap at shows.

agreed their actually a fairly detailed kit

just found one that I forgot I was working on turning it into a pilot car for oversize loads.

has a patchworks paint job some dents blue interior ect. ect.

following yours with interest

Earlier this week I was able to get some color on my cab build, color of choice was Tamiya TS34, next will be all the black trim around the windows and other body areas, doing trim is not my favorite thing to do.:D

DSC08768DSC08769

IMG_2379.JPG

Ken, I love what you are doing, but I have never seen a roof sign like the one you have.  See above photo.  I copied this after New York City cabs, easy enough to make this from plastic sheet. Hope this helps.

Ken, I love what you are doing, but I have never seen a roof sign like the one you have.  See above photo.  I copied this after New York City cabs, easy enough to make this from plastic sheet. Hope this helps.

Thanks Tom, here in Chicago there are various styles including a 3 sided spinner style with multi ads, my little sign is 5pcs, I may just put it on the rear of the cab and nothing on the roof. Your Van cab looks awesome . I have a Lindberg Ford police car I may turn into a cab.

th?id=OIP.kVl1tX6xGN5LBPwyRXigGwEsDh&pid

Great work so far! Just gotta make the interior a lot dirtier and beat up....

Jeff

Got the interior and engine bay completed, added plastic garbage bag hanging from dash, drivers side seat cool air cushion a flyswatter and tissue in box..also even though the interior was shot with dull coat it still held a shine so I worked some weathering shades on the entire interior/engine bay. I was painting the window trim semi gloss black and got off track in an area ......lets say it went bad quick..I had none of the yellow Tamiya left, my local hobby shop was out of that shade so into the fresh vat of Super Clean. Re paint is now a darker yellow / orange Tamiya TS56 , in a week we'll try again..

image.png.a3e15fec7be79b6d0a7c755ff4a4c142.pngimage.png.48b5113f68709c3ee82cf0651789ea86.pngimage.png.f3fb4b5803ce11c8b30aeb0d3d273b30.png