[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
crowe-t

Polar Lights Herbie The Love Bug

I just completed this one.  It's painted with Gravity Colors Herbie Off White, which is actually VW Pearl White. Clear coat is Gunze Mr. Super Clear.

Below is a link to my build thread:

IMG_8957 Small.jpg

IMG_8959 Small.jpg

IMG_8961 Small.jpg

IMG_8964 Small.jpg

IMG_8967 Small.jpg

IMG_8975 Small.jpg

IMG_8979 Small.jpg

IMG_8981 Small.jpg

IMG_8983 Small.jpg

IMG_8988 Small.jpg

IMG_8992 Small.jpg

IMG_8997 Small.jpg

Edited by crowe-t

Very cool. Well done. Where did you get decals? The kit I had years ago only had stickers.

Hey thanks guys!  I had fun with this one.  It was something I wanted for decades and I finally have a Herbie.

The decals were made by a friend a while ago.

Thanks Steve!  I modeled this one after the original movie version.  This is my favorite look for Herbie.

Very nice results.  The first time I've seen the cloth roof installed so that you don't see the pegs on the sides!   This is a great kit.  At the time Polar Lights was onto a new way to produce a kit... simple enough for the casual modeler to pop together in an hour or two, but detailed enough to allow us loonies to go wild on it.  

Thanks Tom!  Removing the pegs on the sides of the cloth roof was one of the first things I did.  The cloth roof piece still has the pegs underneath to position it.  I just glued it in place with some epoxy.

Mike.

Nicely Done! It really captures the feel of the 1:1.

David G.

I was looking at a 1:1 '73 Super Beetle over the weekend, they sure are getting expensive.