Model Cars Magazine Forum

FOOSE Styled 69 Camaro !

Lowlife ! !

Theres a lot of things i like about this kit, and a few i dont !   The main thing is its supposed to be a FOOSE edition, except the only Foose stuff is the wheels, and the decals !

So the idea is to build a proper Foose car, using the majority of the kit supplied parts, and see if i can come up with something I can be pleased with !  

First off is the engine bay, as standard and mocked up it looks like this.......

38534937422_6d6feb336b_b.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

So i spent the afternoon chopping up the firewall, removing every lump and bump, in order to smooth it out !

24694449348_16185ed701_b.jpg

Didnt like the floating battery etc either, so i cut the top frame rails off and will add smooth ones.  Firewall is now plated in plastic and is getting smoothed along the bottom where there was a gap.  More soon.......B)

24694475068_fe4961ae73_b.jpg

Well more cutting.....I realised this was not going to sit that low, especially using the big inch wheels.

So i chopped out the inner fenders, smoothing the bonnet opening near the hinges, and cleaned up under the front arches.

The firewall is resting in place, it fits tighter than this !

37991144184_c9c2eea894_b.jpg

I think i can get this thing resting on the sump now, hmmm might need air bags ! !

26932878539_6fce953ca6_b.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

And this is the idea for the inner wings. I wanted it in one piece so theres no joins, and i think this will work out ok. Ive put a hold on building them in plastic because i need to assemble the front suspension, headers etc and check for clearance before i can add this.

Problem also is the 69 Camaro body sides slopes inwards so much you have to be careful when adding or removing the body. Im thinking the engine should first be finished, and added, then build up the inner wings and radiator etc around it.

Heres the idea , more soon.....

26975758689_3a5f0d02c2_b.jpg

38720455542_dd0a3d52c6_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys....

Front suspension is together, had to hack it about a bit as I wanted this car Low ! 

Not going too detailed as the inner wings will hide a lot of detail. Also Im adding brake discs so the wheels are not glued in yet.  But Ive got the sump resting on the floor !   ;)

38013617665_8daed55500_b.jpg

Thanks guys........:D

Been busy with Xmas but ive started the engine. The fan assembly is mocked up as is the hi rise intake. Needs wiring and the headers ends painting too.

But a lot of this wont be seen anyway as im coming up with a design for a smooth engine cover, cant measure this up till the motor and inner fenders are in, so more soon ! !

38664677444_6d6bee2aa9_b.jpg

27596088999_91d64f117b_b.jpg

Quick update to start the year !  Stilll making disc brakes all round,  but the front suspension and engine are in ! 

Made up new inner wings in plastic sheet now, which need painting !  Cant decide yet whether to paint the engine bay body colour, or maybe matt/satin black ??

Messing around with a smooth engine cover too so when thats done ill post up pics.  Hopefully get some time to start messing around with this again now xmas is over ! !

27693218349_9e92df4260_b.jpg

My opinion is...

If you using light colour like yellow or something...

Black will do... it will make engine bay more contrast than your body... 

And people will put attention to it for sure.....

But if you using darker colour then go with body colour...

Since black will make it darker....

I saw a large model which coat the under panel and engine bay with

Rubberize under coating

Something like this...

https://permatex.com/products/specialized-maintenance-repair/body-interior-trim/permatex-heavy-duty-rubberized-undercoating/

It looks very real in my eyes since its colour and texture is on right scale too...

I dont know how they apply it to right scale but it works

Since its the real thing.... so the colour it give is real too