Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevy Fleetside "Johns Dairy"

Thanks, for oils I just use 2 colors mainly white and raw umber,  also some paynes grey to add in shadows here and there and on any chrome parts. I never thin my oil paint though just use neat for the tube and clear coat over every step with duplicolor acrylic enamel gloss spray bombs. No drying time needed.  

On 11/26/2017 at 12:44 AM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Simply WOW! Not sure how you guys manage to work with those craft acrylics. Are you thinning with water, Windex, alcohol?

my thinner is this, 50% blue windshield wiper fluid / 50% water and a few drops of glycerin,  then I use that 50/50 with the craft paint. some colors need more some need less really just gotta mess around to find what works for you and your airbrush setup.

if you like to make super shiny builds i would stick with normal spray bombs

Edited by JTRACING

5 hours ago, JTRACING said:

my thinner is this, 50% blue windshield wiper fluid / 50% water and a few drops of glycerin,  then I use that 50/50 with the craft paint. some colors need more some need less really just gotta mess around to find what works for you and your airbrush setup.

if you like to make super shiny builds i would stick with normal spray bombs

Once they're all thinned out,do you airbrush them?

• 2 weeks later...