[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
aurfalien

Donn Yost air brushing DVD

Hi,

I had ordered Donn Yosts airbrushing DVD a little while ago and haven't heard back.

So I emailed and got a bounce back.

I've seen this far too many times before and feel it's a lost order.

Would any one be willing to part with this DVD?

I bought the first one.  Found it not to my liking and sold or traded it off. never wasted the money on the 2nd DVD.

I bought the first one.  Found it not to my liking and sold or traded it off. never wasted the money on the 2nd DVD.

Hi,

What did you not like about it?

I decided I liked HOK paint instead of enamel.

Hi,

Oh, is his DVD enamel-cetric?

And could you apply enamel paint techniques to lacquers?

Have you tried contacting him through the board? He is on MCM. His handle is Lonewolf15.   I have asked him a few questions and he has always responded. For what it is worth I think that his DVDs  are well worth the money. There were quite a few spots in it where I had a "why didn't I think of that" moment. And if you have seen any of his models or paint jobs in person you can't argue with his results.

Have you tried contacting him through the board? He is on MCM. His handle is Lonewolf15.   I have asked him a few questions and he has always responded. For what it is worth I think that his DVDs  are well worth the money. There were quite a few spots in it where I had a "why didn't I think of that" moment. And if you have seen any of his models or paint jobs in person you can't argue with his results.

Hi and thank you very much sir!

His work is top notch to an order of magnitude!  I watched his 9 min teaser on the DVD via YouTube and boy it's gonna be great.  I'm super excited.

I'll contact him via this board, thanks again!

It's all enamel.  There was an article in a model magazine with Donn's method vs lacquer. Very interesting.

I picked up a few useful tips from his DVDs. They also made airbrushing seem simple enough that I wasn't afraid to finally try it. I found airbrushing was no where near as difficult as I thought it was.