Model Cars Magazine Forum

1923 Ford Model TT Farm Truck

• 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming that the you did some research before starting this project and found that all model TT Ford trucks were based on a 120" wheelbase chassis rather than the AMT kit 100" standard wheelbase. They also were all equipped with a standard worm drive rear end instead of the kit unit. Nicely done truck model of a standard model T converted into a very serviceable farm truck. Thanks for sharing.

16 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I'm assuming that the you did some research before starting this project and found that all model TT Ford trucks were based on a 120" wheelbase chassis rather than the AMT kit 100" standard wheelbase. They also were all equipped with a standard worm drive rear end instead of the kit unit. Nicely done truck model of a standard model T converted into a very serviceable farm truck. Thanks for sharing.

In addition, wood-spoked wheels were never dualled, unlike the later, more modern steel disc wheels.   

This is overall a really great model T truck with an almost buggy like seat design and admirable wood construction. I spent almost a year building  a 1925 TT wrecker with a scratch built wooden cab and a hand crank winch assembly so I understand the complexity of the process. I would like to see more like this one posted on the forums.

22 hours ago, Art Anderson said:

In addition, wood-spoked wheels were never dualled, unlike the later, more modern steel disc wheels.   

Apparently the hired hand on my grandmother's farm in central Vermont didn't get the memo. He doubled up all kinds of wheels on Ts. I presume you meant stock from the factory. Thanks for the comments. Model Ts are my favorite models and any and all information about them is helpful.

• 4 weeks later...