Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dinky Toys Ford GT 1/43 scale

Safire6

I got this as a kid (about 50 years ago). I cannot remember for sure who or where I got it from but I think I may have gotten it from sending in cereal box tops. I'm sure some of you old timers remember doing that! My dad saved it for me for all those years. I wish i had saved some of the Matchbox cars I had. Does anyone have any idea what it may be worth, if anything? Not that I want to sell it, just curious!

DSCN4355.thumb.JPG.ddbb23f8d9e4719bb2691DSCN4358.thumb.JPG.2e0a366d3373060773383DSCN4361.thumb.JPG.b783537e1398b36807bf8

DSCN4365.thumb.JPG.fea6ae9ba887bbab115a1

I am pretty sure these sold for a few dollars back in the sixties so I doubt it came in a cereal box.  Collectors of these oldest diecasts are dying off so the market is weak.  A mint example might go for good money ($75) and one in this condition is probably worth $25.  1/43 models were never really popular in the US and the brands available today (Spark, Bizarre, IXO , etc.) are much more accurate and available in many variations and are not something you give your kids to play with so they all tend to be in perfect condition.