Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell DE 1st quarter releases

The Junkman

I see they’re reissuing the 1/16 Vw Beetle, seems a bit soon for that! I also see that they’re bringing back out the 1997 F150 kit, hopefully it’s the regular cab version this time!

do you mean this one?

i would defiantly get one.

I want to know what the unimog will look like.

image.jpg

I'm interested in the Bug.....the PT 109 is not a new mold unless they recreated it. I built one in 1965. I know the year correctly because it was when Dad was in Viet Nam.

Pretty certain its a new tool-says that on the release list and the new mold been the subject of discussion on other modeling boards.  Now add a 78' Higgins boat.....

I know the Porsche 108 is a cute little tractor and; was there some discussion on which version of the Panamera is the subject of the kit? (Ooops, nevermind.  Found it.)

Edited by The Junkman

Strange they again release the '97 Ford F-150 again, 10-15 years ago I picked up a copy at house-hold chain store, which at the time, also liquidated leftover/old stock from Revell and Italeri.

Also odd, because in my neck of the woods, the one US pickup which sold, and is still selling (in much larger numbers, compared to Ford and GM) is the Dodge Ram, but it could be that in Germany the market differs, especially in regions, where US military personnel was/is stationed.

Input from our German board members requested.

Strange they again release the '97 Ford F-150 again, 10-15 years ago I picked up a copy at house-hold chain store, which at the time, also liquidated leftover/old stock from Revell and Italeri.

Also odd, because in my neck of the woods, the one US pickup which sold, and is still selling (in much larger numbers, compared to Ford and GM) is the Dodge Ram, but it could be that in Germany the market differs, especially in regions, where US military personnel was/is stationed.

Revell doesn't have a Dodge Ram kit tool other than the old VTS show truck from the 90s.  They are simply reissuing what they have. 

Edited by Rob Hall

Christian, I understand that. Over, though, a 'Mog is a big ticket, spendy machine. Parts and labor for it are both high cost items. Of course since it is a Merc, you know it will run well and be durable, but the initial investment in one, compared to a One Ton domestic truck, will be more. So, Upscale places are the best bet. I would guess that they will be more common in Canada than the US, too.

Christian, I understand that. Over, though, a 'Mog is a big ticket, spendy machine. Parts and labor for it are both high cost items. Of course since it is a Merc, you know it will run well and be durable, but the initial investment in one, compared to a One Ton domestic truck, will be more. So, Upscale places are the best bet. I would guess that they will be more common in Canada than the US, too.

Seems like just a standard highway department snow plow truck...probably in use all over Germany (modern ones today, the Revell kit is about 30 years old).  On trips to Europe I've seen M-B trucks in a variety of commercial uses..pretty common, nothing special.    Not something in use the US or Canada (though some have been imported over the years as used vehicles).

Edited by Rob Hall

The Ford Ranger (the current version, built in Thailand and other locations) is now the best selling new pickup in Europe......TIM 

At 25,500 units over 11 months in 2015!

Quite impressive given we hardly buy pick-ups(we seem to love closed-bed SUVs), let alone Fords. Most pickups here are either Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubishi, nice to see Ford back on top. It's weird though, I hear they're quite common in the UK while the mainland seems to love Dodge RAMs a lot more, especially the Germans and the Dutch.

Edited by echoxrayniner

Does the MOG have a military version (I'd think so).  Maybe Revell expects some business from the treadhead market.

A military version was available.

s-l640.jpg

There were also UN, Paris-Dakar, THW (German civil defence) and fire brigade versions.

I guess you can build either from the upcoming kit.