Model Cars Magazine Forum

Crafting up decal sheets(for mostly late 70s, 80s & 90s models so far)(Updated: Feb 1st)

@ChrisBcritter: Thanks dude, can always rely on you for info and better stuff for the license plates, updated it with the edited font <3

@Oldcarfan27: Ahh I had the layer left on hidden while I was doing the aluminum tail-gate for the 500, then made the preview. I really should've known it might've been hidden since I un-hid the layer for the '79 to edit it into the bigger one, go figure hah. I initially designed them in bright orange with the black outline but then halfway through designing it, I may have gotten slightly obsessed with my own plans for a silver Ranchero with all black decals. Might as well make it poppin' orange again while shuffling the whole ordeal around with the missing tailgate stripe.

So the most of January I spent just about every day catching up on the mountain of commissions which had been slowly but surely becoming a heck of a challenge to work away, so I killed off the order form for most of the month while doing so. Also spend half of that time catching up on emails and whatnot from over the holidays, which went... well, I guess. Suffice to say I'm swamped hah. Between work, commissions and even disabling ordering I'm barely ever on point with anything, so apologies if I don't reply soon enough or at all in some cases(apparently having seven different ways to contact me blurs the **** out of oversight, who knew!).

Though the last couple of days I'd gone back to actually designing up new sets rather than playing chief catch up, mostly for modern cars though:

2008 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500KR:
08ShelbyMustangGT500KR-vi.jpg

2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS:
08MustangGTCS-vi.jpg

1997 Ford Mustang GT:
97MustangGT-vi.jpg

2018 Ford Mustang GT(for the Revell snap-kit, which could use some love):
18MustangGT-vi.jpg

1970 Chevrolet Camaro SS Baldwin Motion 454 Stage III:
70CamaroSS454BaldwinMotion-vi.jpg

2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Hennessey "The Exorcist"(man that Grand Tour episode):
17CamaroHennesseyExorcist-vi.jpg

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS (SLP stripes):
98CamaroSS-vi.jpg

2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS Brickyard 400 Official Festival Pace Car(with Earnhardt name/no. but can do any name/no. desired):
02CamaroBrickyard400PC-vi.jpg

I forgot about the Super Stones van!!! I need that in my life! I have the F100 and Courier kit! It only makes sense to complete the trifecta! 

BTW I ordered a bunch of decals from Ray before Christmas and they look phenomenal. Can't remember if I posted that or not!

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2018 at 10:28 PM, Dave Toups said:

I'd be interested in a nice set of 79 Mustang Pace Car decals:

79-pace01.jpg.61d10903951b6ccacfb613dbcee3d9f8.jpg

And the "Official Truck" would be awesome too:

1435035357.jpg.a588cf3e0a645992c4944e280bfceb48.jpg

Very nice decal list! I'm interested in the 1979 Mustang Pace car set for the monogram kit also!

I'm actually working up to the '79 Mustang Pace Car as we speak, slowly climbing the years(at '72-'73 now) - and will do the '69 Mach 1, '69 TASCA Boss 429 and the '70 Mach 1 Twister Special when I either find the old '70 Mustang I built ages ago or the '69 Boss 302 ever shows up again on eBay for less than 45 bucks. Totally focused on just the design work for a few months, so I'm gonna get those hundreds of ideas I still got sitting around actually done at some point hah! Also about the Firestone Super Stones Van, y'all reckon it'd be better to do just the flames in white up to the end of the sliding door so the rest of the van can be done via painting? Might still be a hassle on the paint front but with some acrylic paint I reckon there's hardly any color bleed(always a bit of a issue with dark tints under white decals) if one were to brush over the larger white sections of the flames.

Also, a bunch of new designs; mostly Mustangs and some obscure as hell versions like the Shelby Europa and Shelby GT-351 which is I believe a single year Mexican edition. Also a handful of Vegas(still doing the '74 GT, and I might do the '71-'72 GT, Yenko and such as well), plus some GMC Sprints. Oh and I revamped the '74 Ventura GTO for Kevin of Missing Link Resin as he's done this absolutely beautiful Ventura GTO kit, deserved a much better design than the one I previously done.

1974 Pontiac Ventura GTO(in all 3 color version pre-designed):
74VenturaGTONewBlue-vi.jpg74VenturaGTONewYellow-vi.jpg74VenturaGTONewGreen-vi.jpg

1969-1978 Chevrolet/GMC Air Cleaner Decals:
69_78_GM_aircleaners-vi.jpg

1974 Chevrolet Vega Spirit of America:
74VegaSpiritofAmerica-vi.jpg

1975 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth Twin-Cam:
75VegaCosworthTwinCam-vi.jpg

1977 Chevrolet Vega GT:
77VegaGT-vi.jpg

1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1:
71MustangMach1-vi.jpg

1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351:
71MustangBoss351-vi.jpg

1971 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Prototype:
71MustangBoss302Prototype-vi.jpg

1971 Ford Mustang Shelby Europa GT350/GT500(T-5 Export):
71MustangShelbyEuropaT5-vi.jpg

1972 Ford Mustang Shelby de Mexico GT-351:
72MustangShelbyMexicoGT351-vi.jpg

1971 GMC Sprint SP:
71SprintSP-vi.jpg

1973 GMC Sprint SP:
73SprintSP-vi.jpg

Would you be interested in doing Coca-Cola and other soda drink decals?  I wanted to produce resin coolers, had a request for Royal Crown, might as well add other brands to cover the bases.  The decals I found a few years ago are missing "drink".

IMG_9725_Fotor.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 12:46 PM, echoxrayniner said:

1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Special Edition:
77FirebirdTASE-vi.jpg

\

I don't know if this was mentioned or not, I will admit I wasn't reading comments and just looking at your outstanding work while listening to my wallet whimper for mercy, but I noticed on this sheet you also have 455 markings for the shaker hood. The 455 was not offered in 1977. 

Had someone who was interested in having the earlier engine options in the '77 kit but not having the right font decals for the shaker, so thought might as well just include it on the general sheet! Thanks for the kind words though hah, generally I'll try to include all or most the factory options, plus some spare what-ifs that fit the theme if there's interest for it.

Also, about the Dodge D-series; got 'em all in the works! Got all the emblems(including the old Fargo truck) ready, plus a boatload of detailing decals for the engine bay and interior and already did the Macho Power Wagon stripes for the cab - just gotta await the kit to accurately do the bed and tailgate. Oh and should mention, I couldn't find a thing on the Dude II other than two promotional shots and a magazine ad, so I'll be whipping that one up entirely from those two promo shots, the landscape shot could be a tiny bit off as I'm working with a 300px image that shows the truck from the front hah.

Edited by echoxrayniner

1 hour ago, Trendsetta68 said:

Awesome decals my friend...

Just checkin' to see if you'd be interested in the longitudinal stripes for the Revell 70 Charger?

440 hood decals ,under hood decals, trunk and interior decals etc. 

Thanks for your time,  GOD Bless Ya !!!!

20190409_163445.jpg

20190409_163228.jpg

He makes those.  Pics back on page 8. Or just look below:

Can't wait to get my sets ! In the meanwhile would these be of interest ? Floral top Green V1H (with no interior material), Mod Yellow V1P, and Mod Blue V1Q Mod Tops for Mopars .....
the Mod Tops were offered with interior material inserts but not the Floral print Green/Gold/Light blue.....

GOD Bless, Thanks For Your Time To The Hobby !!!!

Mod Top-1.jpg

Mod Top-2.jpg

Mod Top-3.jpg

Mod Top-4.jpg

Mod Top-5.jpg

Mod Top-6.jpg

Mod Top-7.jpg

Mod Top-8.jpg

Mod Top-9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 12:11 PM, gtx6970 said:

Ray, Any chance these decals can be done with a white side stripe and WITHOUT the R/T lettering cut in ?

Also, I didn't see the sheet to do the back seat in the revell Thunderbolt listed ? ( unless I missed it )

Can do, I had someone request them without the R/T lettering in red as well so I already got a filled in design at the ready, just would have to color swap. And I never made a entry for the T-bird seat pattern, only just realized it! I'd have to dig up the file for the pattern but it's still available.

Also for Trendsetta68, I'd love to the ModTop materials - been trying to start on 'em for a long time now, stalled out on the Mod Yellow flower pattern after doing most of it by hand and then realizing after seven hours of drawing the pattern still hadn't reached the point where it would begin looping hah. The green one's slightly trickier, not necessarily due to the complexity but due to the printer's apparent total unwillingness to do green right. I've experimented a bit here and there and with the right amount of blue hues I can trick the printer into doing the green as it is instead of a dull swampy green and I'd have to run some test prints to nail it down but unfortunately I don't actually own the printers in question and the company I use hasn't got the time to wanna help out >.<

Speaking of which, by the end of the month I'll be more or less operational again after the pause! Didn't sit still in the meantime, got a MPC Mustang kit, a '71 Cyclone kit and the Aoshima '78 Gallant A to work with to do the whole mess of Fox body Mustangs(GT350 20th, Dominator, the Pace Car, Twister II, Predator GT500, so forth) so I got all the models covered from '70 through '92 by the end hopefully, both the Cyclone Spoilers as well as the Spoiler II(doing the Torino King Cobra as we speak) and just to top off the Challengers; doing the '78 Colt Challenger. In June I'm taking a week off work to fully focus on fulfilling orders straight away and getting a small stockpile ready for the most popular products, 'til then it's recuperation and doing designs.

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 "Twister Special":
tangMach1_429CJ_TwisterSpecial-vi.jpg

1972 Ford Mustang Sprint(inc. the Canadian version and Canadian plates, I know it's misspelled "Spirit" in the pic, can't blame me for thinking Spirit of '76 on this one D:):
72MustangSpirit-vi.jpg

1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1:
73MustangMach1-vi.jpg

1976 Ford Mustang Stallion:
76MustangIIStallion-vi.jpg

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T "Super Pak":
77AspenSuperPak-vi.jpg

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T(based on the Revell 1/25th scale):
70ChallengerRT-vi.jpg

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A(also based on the Revell 1/25th):
70ChallengerTA-vi.jpg

1970 Dodge Challenger Bumblebee Stripe:
70ChallengerRTBumble-vi.jpg

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T "Driver San Francisco":
70ChallengerRTDrvSF-vi.jpg

1970 Ford Torino Cobra "Twister Special":
70TorinoCobraTwisterSpecial-vi.jpg

1970 Ford Torino Cobra(Laser Stripes):
70TorinoCobraLaserStripes-vi.jpg

1970 Ford Torino Type N/W:
70TorinoTypeNW-vi.jpg

1980 AMC Spirit AMX(a ode to one day having this beautiful little muscle beast in model shape, based this off blueprints and a whole lot of math):
1980SpiritAMX-vi.jpg

Edited by echoxrayniner

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I would be very interested in decals to do a Snow Commander from the MPC '78 Dodge Pickup kit (with the Power Wagon hood emblems and 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton and 1 ton fender call outs too).

77SC.jpg

Edited by Fish_65

Something we talked about at our last club meeting is the lack of fender emblem engine size call-out decals. Not every model I build has a Hemi or 427. Some more common engine call-outs like 340 4 barrel, 383 4 barrel, 440 4 barrel, 283, 327, 350, 302, 351, 390 are much needed.

Some examples

327.jpg

390.jpg

440.jpg

283_2.jpg

Edited by Fish_65