[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
echoxrayniner

Crafting up decal sheets(for mostly late 70s, 80s & 90s models so far)(Updated: Jan 14)

Alright update time:

@MrObsessiveI got the regular shape fitted up to the specs you provided so it should be a snug little fit and I figured while I'm at it, I'd make one that actually fills the space some more, might look better. I'll just include 'em both, no problemo.

amx390_new.jpg

For the rest, got around to finishing up the masks for the Firebird series in 1/25th, masks for the '93 through '02, including the center bezel masks. May start doing this for more kits, like the '98-'02 Camaro for instance, seems a nice quality of life enhancer I reckon.

firebirdlights.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

And expanding the MOPAR air cleaner sheet somewhat more, trying to include the air cleaner instruction decals(little yellow/red ones) which I honestly do not know what the hell quality they'll come from the printer with, but worth a shot. Gonna get around to having all of the stuff printed soon! But for the time being, trying to get a decent way to get the Lear Siegler interior detail on there without compromising the Camaro script that I just cannot for the life of me prevent from pixilating to a right mess at such low scale(doesn't help that MPC's casts of the interiors are nothing short of ****) and I may just have to buy a whole AMT '83 Camaro kit just to get accurate fits and sizes going.

Wow NJ you do some nice work on these decals ,how about some Mopar under hood Labels for that extra detail ?

19 hours ago, echoxrayniner said:

Alright update time:

@MrObsessiveI got the regular shape fitted up to the specs you provided so it should be a snug little fit and I figured while I'm at it, I'd make one that actually fills the space some more, might look better. I'll just include 'em both, no problemo.

amx390_new.jpg

Lookin’ excellent NJ!! PM sent! 😍😍

Got the earlier 1960 through '67 air cleaner decals with air cleaner instructions and MOPAR oil filter decals on the sheet headed for the printer along with all of the Firebird tail light masks and the AMX-390 decals and began working on some commissions folks requested, like a '71 Demon sheet based on the old '71 Duster MPC kit and finally managed to get the Lear Siegler contour for the Camaro somewhat reasonable. Separated the Camaro logos from the colors, should look a ton better this way.

Now to get '81-'82 Camaro Z/28 stripes done, then the '77-'79 Nova SS and inbetween scratch make a Ed Terry 1965 Mustang sheet, renovate a old Jo-Han Pinto sheet and form a '71 GTX sheet in 1/25th scale. Busy Christmas comin' up!

1971dodgedemon340.jpg
learsieg.jpg

On 12/24/2017 at 11:44 PM, Mr mopar said:

How do I get that Demon sheet ? in RED ?

I'll have them printed in give or take a week, can add one in red if you're interested in it! PM me if you'd like!

Also some new additions;

1980 Dodge Ramcharger Power Wagon(1/24)
powerwagon.png

1987 Pontiac Firebird GTA(1/24th)
87firebirdgta.jpg

Dang it, should of waited with my order and added the 2 above. Oh well, will have to buy some more.

Zen

On 1/3/2018 at 1:59 PM, Zen said:

Dang it, should of waited with my order and added the 2 above. Oh well, will have to buy some more.

Zen

Ahh dont worry, it takes two weeks between completion and getting the actual prints, so there's a fair bit of waiting regardless. If I had the printer myself I'd have 'em but sadly I rely on outside folks for it D:

And between 4 projects, managed to wrap one up; the '78 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe:
1978aspensupercoupepreview.jpg

12 hours ago, echoxrayniner said:

Ahh dont worry, it takes two weeks between completion and getting the actual prints, so there's a fair bit of waiting regardless. If I had the printer myself I'd have 'em but sadly I rely on outside folks for it D:

And between 4 projects, managed to wrap one up; the '78 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe:
1978aspensupercoupepreview.jpg

If these are printed on Alps printer, if you used metallic silver ink undercoat (instead of white) for the taillights and marker lights, that would give them a nice metallic color (imitating the real lenses). But some Alps printers have problem printing any color over metallic, so that might not work.

I'm working on my first attempt to print my own decals. Here's a couple I came up with.....

2v2J3STvWxfjhLg.jpg

2v2J3L9a6xfjhLg.jpg

5 hours ago, peteski said:

If these are printed on Alps printer, if you used metallic silver ink undercoat (instead of white) for the taillights and marker lights, that would give them a nice metallic color (imitating the real lenses). But some Alps printers have problem printing any color over metallic, so that might not work.

Ohh I should get around to asking about that given they're done on an Alps, it would improve the tail lights and the side marker lights a helluva lot and make 'em look a lot less fake-ish. Also Christ, I forgot about the '78 Aspen's front chin spoiler stripes. Woops!

One thought about the Trans Am sheet.

You should include 4 "Trans Am" name decals. Then if someone wants to do a regular T/A, they can as they have one name on each bumper and one on each front fender right above the vent. They're all the same size also. 

On 1/8/2018 at 5:57 PM, Can-Con said:

One thought about the Trans Am sheet.

You should include 4 "Trans Am" name decals. Then if someone wants to do a regular T/A, they can as they have one name on each bumper and one on each front fender right above the vent. They're all the same size also. 

They're all the same size? Hmm that's actually a really good idea then, I'll add two more T/A logos. I'm adding onto the sheet for funsies and upon requests anyway, thanks for the suggestion! Added the option for a digital dash(I dont know why, I just really like 'em), wheel emblems, a separate set of dials for those who want the gray-with-black-grid type and the extra set of T/As.

firebird_addons.png

Also cause I bought a MPC Daytona kit for some reason, I figured I'd brew up some fictional yet mostly real/inspired decals;

daytonaturbopreview.jpg

And now back to work! Struggling a bit to patch up a set of old Jo-Han Pinto decals that were damaged quite badly.

2002firebird.jpg

77aspensc.jpg

77pacerx.jpg?ssl=1&w=800

Edited by echoxrayniner

Couple of more updates! For whatever reason I can't seem to stop making Firebird stuff and I always liked the unique last-of-its-kind Firebird from '02 so I crafted up a sheet for it. And I'm working on an AMC Pacer X build so I thought, why not add onto it and I finally got around to finishing the '78 Aspen Super Coupe. Also for those who were interested, I finally got some of the stuff I send to the printers; a handful of the '60-'67 MOPAR air cleaner and valve cover decals, two sets of the Camaro IROC-Z set(in black/silver and red/black), the '71 Dodge Demon 340/Sizzler and a '87 Firebird GTA set.

I can't for the life of me upload pictures, no matter the format, no matter the way or source - to this particular post so either refer to the one above or the first page to find the three pictures.

Edited by echoxrayniner