Model Cars Magazine Forum

Crafting up decal sheets(for mostly late 70s, 80s & 90s models so far)(Updated: Feb 1st)

From what I understand, the shutdown is temporary - they will be available once he reopens for business.  I have seen several cottage-industries (usually 1-man operations) temporarily shutdown due to some reason. Personal issues, sickness, temporary unavailability of raw materials, etc.  It happens.  But obviously he can still put some of his spare time onto designing the artwork.

Edited by peteski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 4:02 AM, echoxrayniner said:

Yeah you're right on point, it's exactly that. Financial problems are grinding printing to a halt, but it's temporary fortunately. No reason to stop the designing while the uh, suffering of supreme poorness persists.

Will you be printing decals soon?  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Professional thing to do would be to at least explain the state of his business.  Even stating that it is shut down indefinitely (for whatever reason, or even no reason given) would be better than ignoring emails, and keeping everybody speculating.

2 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I wish Ray would have a vendor or here in North America keep the shipping cost down . 

Yes that would make a lot more sense.  If he could provide a hundred sheets to a reseller at a wholesale cost there should be some profit for the decal maker, designer and reseller.  As it stands now one sheet cost almost $37 with shipping and tax to the US.  The design work is done so it’s a matter of how much per sheet does it cost to print them in large quantities.

5 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Yes that would make a lot more sense.  If he could provide a hundred sheets to a reseller at a wholesale cost there should be some profit for the decal maker, designer and reseller.  As it stands now one sheet cost almost $37 with shipping and tax to the US.  The design work is done so it’s a matter of how much per sheet does it cost to print them in large quantities.

I agree with you Rex  , I was going to buy 4 decals that Ray has but at $125.00 + $45.00 to ship to Canada no thank . I really like Rays stuff there well done and fit good too . 

• 6 months later...

I placed an order on August 23rd for several sets of decals .  Ray emailed me several times to keep me updated when he received my payment , when they went to the printer , when he received them back , and when he shipped them to me .  They were packed in a sturdy cardboard mailer and shipped to me on September 15th and I received them on September 29th , less than a month for custom printed decals is pretty darned good !  Including shipping it cost me $29.07 per set .  Yes that's more than other places but nobody else is making any of these decal sets , and Ray did custom colors for me without hesitation !

The decals are beautiful and I won't hesitate to order from him again . If you can get over the price I highly recommend them .

3 hours ago, TooOld said:

I placed an order on August 23rd for several sets of decals .  Ray emailed me several times to keep me updated when he received my payment , when they went to the printer , when he received them back , and when he shipped them to me .  They were packed in a sturdy cardboard mailer and shipped to me on September 15th and I received them on September 29th , less than a month for custom printed decals is pretty darned good !  Including shipping it cost me $29.07 per set .  Yes that's more than other places but nobody else is making any of these decal sets , and Ray did custom colors for me without hesitation !

The decals are beautiful and I won't hesitate to order from him again . If you can get over the price I highly recommend them .

I agree with you Bob there worth the money !