Model Cars Magazine Forum

Site Update Complete

37 minutes ago, gasser59 said:

I really miss the 'Followed Content' button on the pull down menu under my name in the upper right corner. I use that every day. Now it looks like that has also disappeared in the last 5 minutes.

Check under the "Activity" tab on the upper left of the page. Not sure if it has exactly what you are looking for, but there is an option for "Content I follow".

4 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Looks like I still need to work on the themes. I'll take a look and see what's out there. These only control appearance, and not functionality. Sorry, but if something is particularly bothersome, let me know. I might be able to tweak the behavior with the administration controls. 

Our current theme automatically accommodates phones and tablets, but perhaps not in the way that we'd like. 

Thanks for all your efforts, Dave!

I've accessed the forum via iPhone and PC and it looks good on both. It is more mobile-friendly now, which is great. I don't love the round avatars, but that is minor.

One thing I miss is seeing how many pages I have to go through when I hit the "unread messages" button. Now it's like doing a google search ,, you just keep scrolling down until you reach the end or a button to load more content. I'd REALLY like to know how many pages before I start scrolling.

58 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

Anyone else noticed previously blocked Photobucket pics are now visible again?

I don't know what is making them visible to you, but I just checked two of my threads and all of the pics there are the "3rd party" sign of death. 

1 hour ago, Robberbaron said:

I am missing the "go to first unread post" function.

If you're looking at the unread content page, clicking the dot between the avatar, and the topic will take you to the first unread post.

It's in the usual place in the sub-forums; to the left of the topic. If there's no unread content, there will be no dot. 

Another forum I'm on did an update recently, same Invision software it looks like.  And some of the same bugs. One I've noticed is the auto follow behavior--if I post a comment, I'm automatically following that thread and get notifications.  But if I want to turn off the following of that thread, the thread doesn't show that I'm following at the top right of the thread--it shows the Follow button.  If I want to unfollow, I have to follow then unfollow.  Awkward.

Edited by Rob Hall

8 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Another forum I'm on did an update recently, same Invision software it looks like.  And some of the same bugs. One I've noticed is the auto follow behavior--if I post a comment, I'm automatically following that thread and get notifications.  But if I want to turn off the following of that thread, the thread doesn't show that I'm following at the top right of the thread--it shows the Follow button.  If I want to unfollow, I have to follow then unfollow.  Awkward.

There are a lot of settings/notifications that you can play around with, under your user profile.

I'm guessing that nothing can be done but I miss the new content button compared to the unread content for the following reasons.

With out clicking to open up a thread it is...

Harder to distinguish the originator of the post vs the responder  and we can only do a quick view of the last responder but not the thread starter.  

We can no longer see the start date of a post.  Was it created today ( which is new content) or 10 yrs ago but is getting a new reply.

I also dislike the round avatars.  My 2 cents.  Thanks for the great forum though.  Steve