Model Cars Magazine Forum

Terrible Box Art

53 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

I do, too - "Put another 25 cents in, Earl - gotta make it to the Valley for my Playgirl photo session!" :lol:

I thought he was on his way to his Village People cover band rehearsal. I think he was the cop. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

That thing looks like it would be made of wood and sold at a flea market next to the yard art.

Good point...might look good next to a garden gnome or miniature lighthouse (I want to get one of those for my backyard, maybe a couple--love the Great Lakes lighthouses)...

1 hour ago, Jordan White said:

That thing looks like it would be made of wood and sold at a flea market next to the yard art.

It is a wood kit, which you were supposed to carve, sand, and work to make it look like what was on the box top. Why it was posted in a topic discussing terrible box art, especially when the Ace Club Coupe's box art is quite lovely, is puzzling at best.

2 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

I do, too - "Put another 25 cents in, Earl - gotta make it to the Valley for my Playgirl photo session!" :lol:

And I thought the box art for this, with the guy with aviator glasses, moustache AND Daisy Dukes was funny! This just won the board!!! :lol::lol::lol: 

48 minutes ago, Casey said:

It is a wood kit, which you were supposed to carve, sand, and work to make it look like what was on the box top. Why it was posted in a topic discussing terrible box art, especially when the Ace Club Coupe's box art is quite lovely, is puzzling at best.

more-you-know.jpg

Awful box art, plus an obvious goof.  The eBay Anteek & Junque dealers often try to sell these for big bucks. "RARE! HTF! WRONG BOX! ARGLE-BARGLE!"  You'd think it was a Honus Wagner baseball card. 

But AMT must have printed thousands of these boxes before they caught the error, because I've seen a lot of them over the years.  I don't think I've ever seen the kit sell for any more than a regular '39/'40 Ford Sedan, though.

40goof.jpg