Model Cars Magazine Forum

Girls Und Panzer (6 tanks from the Anime) Updated 12/30/17

Since I really liked the one season series Girls Und Panzer. I decided to build 4 of the tanks used in the anime show. I plan on adding some others when I can. The decals were bought off ebay as it's cheaper to buy those then pay extra for a Girls und Panzer tank kits. I just finished the Prvada Girls High School's JS2 More commonly known as an IS2. Team turtles Hetzer will be next.

DSC02423.JPG

DSC02421.JPG

DSC02457.JPG

DSC02455.JPG

DSC02456.JPG

DSC02454.JPG

DSC02458.JPG

DSC02459.JPG

DSC02450.JPG

DSC02451.JPG

DSC02452.JPG

DSC02453.JPG

Edited by ranma
Added new photos

I know that the Panzer IV and the M-3 Lee are Revell- Monogram, The sherman was rescued from when my older brother moved west, But more ten likely it's a Revell kit as well. I bought the Panzer IV from Hobby Lobby recently with a 40% off coupon. Trying to find a cheaper Tiger 1, Panzer 36 (t) , An Assult II, and a ILS (JS) 2....

There was some...spirited discussion about Girls Und Panzer on armor-modeling boards.  Some people were outraged at the whole idea, most were just: "Meh. The Japanese doing their own thing, as usual."  I have a friend in Los Angeles with 2 young sons.  They loved that series and bought/downloaded every episode they could.

The funniest comment on one of the armor boards:  "How does this series end?  When American teen-age girls in their B-29 nuke the Hiroshima Prefecture Girls' School?"

For an animated series The tanks were very well done as to how the actual tank would look like inside and out. As for the B-29 Hiroshima joke not all that funny , Besides the school's were on mega carriers. BTW I'm 50 and like Girls und Panzer. Another thing not very many war movies have correct tanks  for wwII , I rember one where the germans were using Patton tanks for Tiger's.

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

I think the B-29 Hiroshima joke is pretty good. By the way, where are the Tank Girls themselves? 

Each school operates a School carrier. These super carriers have complete towns on them as well as the school and it's tanks. All the tanks are from WWII and either have to be of that era. If a tank was in the prototype to design stage in 1945 Those tanks would also be allowed to compete. Saunders is a competing school based of american military equipment as They use every type of Sherman tank that was used in WWII where as One of the other schools use's German made tanks, (IE Tiger's Panzers, Elephants, Mause ect.  There is also a russian School called Pravda Which uses JS 2's KV's Ect. Along with a british themed school that uses Maltilda's, and a Churchill....

• 2 weeks later...