Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us what YOU'Ve done with the different '40 Ford kits

11 hours ago, Flatout said:

AMT Coupe...Pontiac from AMT 36 Ford

AMT S/D...In work, kit Buick block with top end from Revell 29 Ford roadster.  Used 40 Ford Dash and steering wheel from the Revell 32 Ford 5 window.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You nailed it Pete. got any fuel lines on them carbs ?

Just remember, " If'n some is good, n' more is better, then Too much outta be just about right." :P

19 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

AMT "40 Coupe, '50's style, Olds engine out of the '39 / '40 Sedan.

Fantastic stuff, guys! I love that old AMT '40. Not so keen on the Revell '40 but it's full of excellent parts...building one right now that will end up (hopefully) looking a lot like Greg's blue rendition. 

Which leads me to say...dang!

Greg, I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone scratchbuild realistic hollow Cal Custom 40-40 scoops! Or did they come from a kit?? If so, which one?

I ask because I recently 3D modeled some of those scoops and put them on Shapeways; I thought it was criminal that such a distinctive 60's part seemed to be unavailable in kit form. I also drew up a concept for what a finished '40 could look like using the parts, and then boop! your '40 suddenly shows up like magic. 

7 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Greg, I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone scratchbuild realistic hollow Cal Custom 40-40 scoops! Or did they come from a kit?? If so, which one?

I ask because I recently 3D modeled some of those scoops and put them on Shapeways; I thought it was criminal that such a distinctive 60's part seemed to be unavailable in kit form. I also drew up a concept for what a finished '40 could look like using the parts, and then boop! your '40 suddenly shows up like magic. 

Good Question, I could have sworn they came out of an original Revell '55 or '57 Chevy kit. My Model guru and I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now. I remember seeing them in box stores in the sixties and then putting a pair on a real  '41 Ford flathead. 

20171012_190805.jpg

20171012_190424.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers
spelling

20 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

As much as I like the 40, I have yet to build one,  and I have several variations of the car in kit form.

Same here, Ron. I really need to finish one. Here’s a vintage custom I was working on years ago, based on the Revell conv. Chopped, channeled, and sectioned with a narrowed Carson top from the Revell ‘48 conv. 

3E2249C4-604E-4B05-9E19-DBB12EE37DAB.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Matt T. said:

Same here, Ron. I really need to finish one. Here’s a vintage custom I was working on years ago, based on the Revell conv. Chopped, channeled, and sectioned with a narrowed Carson top from the Revell ‘48 conv. 

3E2249C4-604E-4B05-9E19-DBB12EE37DAB.jpeg

That is nice. You can put any kind of wheel on it, and it will be outstanding. I am leaning towards doing a sedan delivery, mildly rodded with a done up flattie and a nice rake.