Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Country Squire

Paul:  Beautiful! Please keep us informed on when these will be available. Just ca't get enough of wagons, especially from the sixties and the Fords were the most beautiful. Keep up the great work!!!! Do you have any of your projects ready for sale?

I’ve waited decades for a ‘66 Squire Model! I need two kits; one to do our family car, a Sahara Beige with Parchment interior, and a “One that got away” - a Tahoe Turquoise number I saw at Country Classic Cars

I’d like a 57 Chrysler wagon too. Meanwhile I’m enjoying your 70 Colony Park that was Don and Carol’s last hoorah!

Jeff White 

Just as a matter of interest - in 1959, the Nomad was an Impala series, four door, six passenger, two seat wagon only. That model was never available with the third seat although I suspect that the right dealer could have snuck a nine passenger Nomad out but I have never heard of such a critter. The Kingswood was the 9 passenger, four door three seat model that shared the Bel Air series upholstery and trim. The Brookwood ( Biscayne series ) was the only 2 door wagon offered and of course, it also came as a two seat, six passenger wagon. Having said that, your Nomad looks good.

That looks really good! I don't know if the Ford is interesting enough for me (Nice car and great job on mastering it though!), but I'm interested in that '59 Wagon. I understand that you probably don't know yet the exact price, but I'd like to know what price range we are approximately talking about?

Thanks for the input. Yes Gary, it was strange Chevrolet did not offer a 3 seat wagon in their top line series as Ford and Plymouth did, I suspect they lost some sales because of that. I'm doing the kit so the third seat can be removed and a flat floor panel can be swapped in place if desired. Sorry I can't give a price point out but they will be priced to compete with other quality resin kits.

• 1 month later...