Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Country Squire

If I can afford it I'll get the '59 Impala wagon. I had one when it was just another old car, took it in trade plus a few hundred dollars for my '57 Ford base tudoor with a 312 and 3-speed with Overdrive. I would like to build a copy of that old work horse.

Yes, the Country Squires and possibly Country Sedans were available with bucket seats and a console from 1963 to at least through 1970. The last year for buckets in a big Ford was 1971. Have not found any reference if it made it to the wagons that year. I have found Full size Mercury wagons with buckets and a console for 1963 and 64. Not sure about after that, but will research it more as my next Merc wagon will be a 66 Colony Park. The Bucket seats and console will go right into the interior tub of the Squire as the seats are cast seperatly. I have some preliminary castings I will post pictures of shortly. The decals are being created.

The 59 Nomad is currently in the mold making process. Will post photos soon.

Edited by Paul Hettick

That would be an awesome subject. I have heard of someone else mastering a 68- 72 Vista Cruiser but no progress report in a long time. Out of respect to the creator of that kit, I won't do one unless I hear the project has been dropped. And thanks for your appreciation of the Squire.

Edited by Paul Hettick

On 1/28/2018 at 9:59 PM, Paul Hettick said:

Yes, the Country Squires and possibly Country Sedans were available with bucket seats and a console from 1963 to at least through 1970. The last year for buckets in a big Ford was 1971. Have not found any reference if it made it to the wagons that year. I have found Full size Mercury wagons with buckets and a console for 1963 and 64. Not sure about after that, but will research it more as my next Merc wagon will be a 66 Colony Park. The Bucket seats and console will go right into the interior tub of the Squire as the seats are cast seperatly. I have some preliminary castings I will post pictures of shortly. The decals are being created.

The 59 Nomad is currently in the mold making process. Will post photos soon.

I remember seeing a 63 Country Squire with buckets and A console here locally in Md. One of my neighbors had a Black 66 Country Squire, and another had a beige one. I think it would be quite handsome in Emberglow. I have a '66 convertible built in that color. I will be a customer for one.

• 5 months later...

DSCF6242.JPG

Paul, that is UBER nice! Not a real big fan of wagons, but I would take one over an SUV or Crossover any day of the week! I may be interested in this whenever this becomes available as a kit. I do like the plainer ones though without the wood grain trim! :D

Edited by MrObsessive

The tail lights look fine. I question the rear side window openings though. In the one side view picture the angle makes it look as though the window is taller at the leading edge than where it meats the rear window. This may just be the angle, but that is what it looks like to me. Other than that it looks ready to go.

Hi David I meant the taillights on the squire. I see what you mean about the rear roof pillars on the Nomad. I will double check with calipers. If they are off, that will be fixed before production.  Bob, I do intend to sell kits someday but at this time I am unable to. They will be available, and I wish I could provide a date but can't yet. BTW I'm currently finishing up a 64 Country Sedan wagon master and a 59 Cadillac Sedan de Ville flattop.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, Paul Hettick said:

You are correct about the rear pillars David, sharp eye. the left side is 1mm taller than the right. Thanks for pointing that out as I missed it.

Your more than  welcome. I like how your "Kits" are turning out and hope to to get one of the '59 Chevy Wagons someday. Have you considered doing a '58 Chevrolet Yeoman  two door wagon ??

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, Paul Hettick said:

Yes I will offer the grill alone. No release date yet. I will start selling kits once I have 10 masters completed. The 59 Nomad will be number 6. # 7 a 57 Chrysler Windsor 2 dr ht, #8 a 57 New Yorker wagon.

That's great I would love one of the kits but also like 2 or 3 of the grills to.!!

Paul, I like so many others am waiting for a release date on this wagon. Then you mention the '64  wagon and I started drooling all over my tablet! About the only thing better to me, would be a '66 Impala wagon. Never was able to get Don's when he offered his. Would like to get the Caprice and a Bel Air I saw somewhere else, but can't remember where now! Never have seen a '66 impala convertible. May just have to combine parts from Revell's '65 IF I can find another one that is priced lower than they are seen now.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, socal76 said:

Paul, I like so many others am waiting for a release date on this wagon. Then you mention the '64  wagon and I started drooling all over my tablet! About the only thing better to me, would be a '66 Impala wagon. Never was able to get Don's when he offered his. Would like to get the Caprice and a Bel Air I saw somewhere else, but can't remember where now! Never have seen a '66 impala convertible. May just have to combine parts from Revell's '65 IF I can find another one that is priced lower than they are seen now.

Here's an original AMT 66 Impala Super Sport Convertible I did several years ago.

2008_02162008mamafebmeeting0038.jpg

2008_02162008mamafebmeeting0040.jpg

I did some upgrades on it, but I had to do it. The next one I do will be from a Revell 66 Hardtop, if you can get one. A resin version based on that kit would be much more feasible.

• 1 month later...

Alert! Alert!

Grocery Getter fans:

All four of the Matt Helm films, starring Dean Martin, will be aired on TCM Wed. 26/SEP/'018 

My late older brother, and our cousin were huge Matt Helm fans, and both had built the model kit of the Barris custom Helm wagon. A 1965 Mercury station wagon.

Please share the news with us  when the '66 wagons will be ready for sale, of course that means I'll have the added burden of getting a horse trailer for mine.

Edited by NuovoSFPD2n3/4
Revised

• 5 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, Paul Hettick said:

Here's a few pics of the completed Squire body to be used with the existing Country Sedan parts. I redid the taillights. they were too boxy looking.  Still need to have the decals done. No production release date as of yet. Note the 59 Nomad hiding in the back round.

DSCF6007.JPG

DSCF6006.JPG

DSCF6005.JPG

DSCF5642.JPG

Beautiful work, Paul!  I have a resin '65 Custom 500 4-door I've never built.  If I can get a body & guts from you, I can build my 1965 Caspian Blue Custom Ranch Wagon.