[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      Board Status   07/20/2018

      We're still trying to solve a disk space problem. Unfortunately, it's being stubborn about getting rectified. There will be a long maintenance window this weekend, which I will announce here. Thank you all for being patient. 
FabbricaP

Ferrari 250 GTO

Recommended Posts

Very nice indeed!!!  I am curious how you did the weatherstripping in black under the trim.  Seems like it could be challenging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for all your comments.

2 hours ago, baycolony said:

Very nice indeed!!!  I am curious how you did the weatherstripping in black under the trim.  Seems like it could be challenging.

I just hand painted the striping with Tamiya flat black. Fortunately, the gap between the body/pillars and weather striping is actually wide enough to make painting fairly easy.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang.... that's friggin sweet!
I have 4 different kits of this car, so will look for the aftermarket parts now.  Some sources show they exist , but are sold out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SUPERB WORK-  the side windows and slightly dull finish add to the realism. one of the best I have seen here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice built, Jason ...

... but I  have 2 questions :

1/ Why this #25 on a red 250GTO '62 ? .... #25 was for the Le Mans '62 car in metallic grey and for the blue metallic car who ran in USA ....

2/ Why a 6 points Sabelt belt ? ... none 250GT and GTO had a 6 points belt ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me... I'd just say that it's competing in a Historic Racing event in 2012...

;-P

And it is rather lovely...

best,

M.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1500gp said:

Nice built, Jason ...

... but I  have 2 questions :

1/ Why this #25 on a red 250GTO '62 ? .... #25 was for the Le Mans '62 car in metallic grey and for the blue metallic car who ran in USA ....

2/ Why a 6 points Sabelt belt ? ... none 250GT and GTO had a 6 points belt ...

I decided early on that this one was going to be built according to what I personally liked :) I also was too lazy to try to get it to replicate a specific chassis no. etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bantoft said:

Nice build Jason.  Is your next red car a 1/12 MFH P4?

 

Dave B

Thanks Dave. Its a 1/24 mfh p4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2017 at 6:25 PM, FabbricaP said:

I decided early on that this one was going to be built according to what I personally liked :) I also was too lazy to try to get it to replicate a specific chassis no. etc.

Ok, now, I understand ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking build! Excellent inspiration for me as I have just purchased this kit! Thanks for posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that is stunning great job 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now