Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fearless Fred Goeske road runner

dragmodels44

Hey guys, just finished another body before the weather starts getting too cold. I saw the body and got a set of the decals so I could do this one eventually. I used hemi orange and two part clear. The drivers side came out nice, but I had some bubbling on the decals on the pass side. I was not a fan of this resin. I’m not sure who’s it was, it came from comp resins, but it was a yellowish resins and very thick.  It’ll still make a nice shelf model and a nice addition to my Mopar models. I love the funnycars that looked like the actual car.  I’m pretty much caught up on bodies now I have to build’em !   

7E3DB1CE-6970-450F-BF9B-2FC964BC2A99.jpeg

B2A89B14-9A40-45C7-A7D7-60E595DE4926.jpeg

C9A04987-672A-42CE-9AB3-0F0CAB6133D2.jpeg

F21A0EB8-5F60-4C8F-98D4-A9F7500DE8A7.jpeg

Coming along nicely! Too bad about the bubbly decals. Can you get another set?

I also built a Goeske road runner a number of years ago. Did not like the resin body so I got a Johan glue bomb and it worked out well.

I used my magazine collection for reference only to find that the colors in old magazines did not translate well. I realized, years after the build that the chassis was actually red and the body was Omaha Orange.

When you get around to the windshield, do not cut an opening . Goeske's windshield did not have one.

I have some reference photos here: http://public.fotki.com/announcerguy/funny-cars/fearless_fred_goeske/ 

if you'd like to see them.

1116meeting-th.jpg.6853c7220afbd001d00f51fbc539d197.jpgDSC00349-vi.jpg.17d2c408e9c5c347ef3e4f74a6796879.jpg

Edited by 6bblbird

NICE!  I saw pics of yours when I was doing my research and I used yours and pics of the real car for decal placement. Your detail is amazing. It started to bubble after the second coat of clear, which means I would have had to stop, sand off all the decals on that side, reorder another set of decals etc etc...   

i just finished it. Also, I’m sure you noticed I added the cavalcade of stars decal but not the other ones. I just liked it. I’m sure nothing is going to fit right under the body. This is probably going to be a body down only funnycar! Oh well, still a cool car. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...