Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

5 minutes ago, Junkman said:

37017444113_504441eeae_b.jpg

Amen to this one Christian! This was another of my suggestions personally to Ed Sexton.

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Almost any full sized car from the 50s & 60s.

As is, we have almost nothing except a lot of Chevies & Fords.

Think of it.

Since the age of the annuals, there are almost no Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Cadillacs, Mercurys, Lincolns, Plymouths, Dodges or Chryslers available in kit form.

As an example, if you wanted to build a modern tool Buick or Mercury, your only choices are the re-popped '62 Electra & '66 Wildcat for Buick, & the '64 & '66 Merc. Nothing new.

Not a single modern kit from the 50s for Pontiac, Buick, Mercury, Lincoln, Dodge & Desoto.

You can count the rest of the makes, barring Chevy & Ford, on one hand.

Steve

Steve, I agree with you 100%! The problem I see though is with each passing year, I'm a bit less confident in them doing much more of the '50's cars. Let's face it, we're not as numerous as we used to be (those of us who would remember those finned freeway flyers), and the return investment on making such cars would be less hopeful as each year slips by.

I sure wish though that we could somehow someday see these produced however.................

73a7_3.JPG.487844c214cb54652424f2f93b145ac7.JPG
5a24456fd3564_RollsandMB069.jpg.c1c623980eb30027f1dfac7f1ca7cd50.jpg

For the life of me I don't know WHY these gems have been ignored in 1/24 scale from even the European kit makers! :huh:

I'll join in...

73-77 Chevelle and El camino

71 4 door Impala

89 Chevy Cavalier Z24

81 2wd Silverado

69 Chevy Stepside

72 Chevelle "Heavy Chevy" (new tool)

68 Chevelle

I'm easy to please... That's really all I want.

Edited by KWT

Here's my wish list.

1.    Jensen Interceptor - I have always lusted after this car since I first saw it on TV in the early ‘70s.  British styling with classic American V-8 power!

2.    Any British car with an V-8 - What can I say…I love them and they are unique!

3.    Monteverdi Hai 450 SS - Swiss-made mid-engine sports car with a Chrysler 426 Hemi.  Only 2 ever made in 1970 with 2 more produced in the 1990’s from spare parts and are considered replicas.  Both are in the official Monteverdi Museum in Basel-Binningen, Switzerland.

4.     Morgan Aero8 - Sexy British bodywork with a BMW V-8.  I love the styling!  Another British car with a V-8!

5.    1972 Ford Torino Sport GT- I know there are NASCAR versions out there, but I would like a stock version with the 351 4-bbl. Cobra Jet.  How about it Revell!

6.    Mid ‘60s Dodge Pickup Truck - They are different from the Ford or Chevy pickups.  A big block V-8 or modern Hemi, lowered suspension, dual exhaust, or with a Power Wagon option!  Tough looking!

7.    Aston Martin DB5 – A new tool, full detail version of this car would be great!  Maybe with the option of the most famous car in the world, 007’s DB5, but that could be a licensing nightmare!

8.    Wayne Carini’s Moal Roadster – The Speedway Special of Chasing Classic Cars TV host built by Steve Moal.

9.    2017 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor – Can be built stock or with the Police Interceptor option.  They are everywhere!

Good choices so far guys....here is a few of mine...not all are sports cars though...

75 Trans Am

67-72 Grand Prix

68-70 Bonneville HTs and wagons

73,74 GTO

70s Pontiac Grand Am and Can Am

69 Impala and wagon

stock 66 Buick Skylark

71,72 Buick Riviera

72 Olds Toronado..because it was my first car in 1 to 1

Monograms Un-Real Roller...Mean Maverick

stock 70/71 Mercury Cyclone spoiler or GT

60-63 Ford pickups

late 60s Ford/Chevy vans

71-75 Dodge vans

International Travelall

motorhomes and camping trailers

66-69 Ford Falcons

70/71 Ford LTD

67-70 Lincoln 2 door HT or sedan

65-69 Chrysler 300..Monaco..Newport

3 in 1 kits with all the original parts in tact

68 Chrysler Imperial HT/sedan

diorama building kits...gas station with service bay,etc....car hop dinner...car dealership with showroom.

anything that has not seen the light of day in over 30 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

73a7_3.JPG.487844c214cb54652424f2f93b145ac7.JPG
5a24456fd3564_RollsandMB069.jpg.c1c623980eb30027f1dfac7f1ca7cd50.jpg

For the life of me I don't know WHY these gems have been ignored in 1/24 scale from even the European kit makers! :huh:

Because they weren't in some stupid Army, or some bloody war.
Had they been, they would be made. In 1/35 scale.