Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

2 hours ago, lysleder said:

Well, you're looking at its rear end, you..                   ...should only have seen the first prototype. 

Actually, I find it to be better looking from behind than from the front. I find it interesting and retro in a cool way.  I guess what really got to me was the interior!

Spyker-spyder-1.jpg

Sorry ?. I don't like the interior either. It looks a bit kit carish to me. 

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Since we're on a more Sports Car kick here :

- 1985-1988 BMW M6 Baveria 

- Peugeot 205 GTI 

- 1984 Supra

- 1984 Celeca 

The last two were produced by MPC back in the 80's , but have never seen the light of day since ! Hopefully the tooling still exists ; Round2 needs to re-release these gems (sans the ridiculously-deep tinted glass ; a new set of tyres would be best , too ).

The only '82-'85 Celica kit I'm aware of is the recent Aoshima/Beemax '85 coupe rally car. All of the '82-'85 Toyota liftbacks have been Supras, or Celica XXs, so they all have the longer nose and wheelbase. The MPC Supra would be a good reissue candidate, though. :)

Edited by Casey

1 minute ago, Casey said:

The only '82-'85 Celica kit I'm aware of is the recent Aoshima/Beemax '85 coupe rally car. All of the '82-'85 Toyota liftbacks have been Supras, or Celica XXs, so they all have the longer nose and wheelbase. The MPC Supra would be a good reissue candidate, though. :)

That's the one ! That c.1984 Supra from MPC . I had one when they were new ( via the Golden Wheels programme ) , and I was surprised at its quality . I must state that I'm surprised that Round2 hasn't already reissued this kit .

8 hours ago, Lovefordgalaxie said:

A new tool 1932 Ford model 18 Deluxe Coupe kit that CAN be build stock;

A Stock 1937 Ford;

1938 Standard and Deluxe Fords;

A real 1939 Ford Deuxe;

A 1941and 1942 Ford car (any body style but a wagon, as I'm not much of a fan of wood). Should be easy using the Revell '48 kit as a base;

1951, 1952, 1954, and 1955 Fords;

1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Town Sedan in 1:12 scale;

1958 Ford Fairlane 500 (any of them);

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 four door sedan with the R code V8 in 1:12 scale;

1967 Ford Galaxie 500 (any body style);

You missed one, a 35 Ford

Lots of good choices.  Sure the odds are low, but how else are the kitmakers supposed to know what we want, and every so often, something on the wish list does make it to the shelves.  I'd like to see more 30's classics.  There might not be much interest here, but European manufacturers still seem interested in doing prewar subjects.  One in particular I'd like to see is a decent kit of the Auburn Speedster.

1200px-Auburn_Boattail_Speedster_851_193

And yes, the longest of long shots, but I would like to see someone do a kit of the Gaylord Gladiator.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

We are talking sports cars here ? :huh:

download (7).jpg

Depending on your level of desire (meaning how much money you'd spend for it)

http://www.fishermodels.com/product/cunningham-c4r-195354-124?tid=2

I'd go for a C5R also

As several others have mentioned:

pretty much 2 seater with the name "Cobra" attached: most especially a 289 ci with FIA/USRRC body and a 427 competition along with an injected Daytona Coupe

BMW Bavaria (the original from 1972 and later)

BMW M6 current body style

Audi A6 or A8 current body style

1982-85 RX7

Jaguar C-type (dreaming, I know)

All the C1 and C2 Corvettes could use a major freshening

I'll think of more as soon as I log off.

44 minutes ago, lysleder said:

I'd think the Monogram Talladega would be a good starting point for Revell. What would they need to change other than the decals?

3d5ea9f55bb6dc5257a15423b3a2eae3--ford-m

As you can see, the rear fenders are different, as are the wheel opennings, and the wheel opennings and the mouldings around them.  You'd basically have to resculpt the body.

69-Mercury-Cyclone-Spoiler-2-DV-09-GG_00

pa0715-217311_2@2x.jpg?1438186738000

Fortunately, Polar Lights did make a 1969 Cyclone GT, but it's the racing version, though I suppose you could use the stock parts from the Torino to make a stock Cyclone GT

13a_e9f4481b-3fe9-4c65-9202-5544b1357454

I would love to see a 1940's to 1950's Buick. I would also like to see the Blues Brothers Dodge Monaco. I am surprised the Monaco has been more widely model, it has heaps of potential. I would also like to see some Evel Knievel's motorcycles done. Also the A-team van re-issued, Same as Christine drag car & the Olds funny car. Thanks

Ash

16 hours ago, Art Anderson said:

The biggest "fly in the ointment" is determining what subject(s) would sell enough units, to not only pay the development/tooling costs, but leave some profit $$ in the till, to fund that next new kit.  Virtually all the "high profile" car subjects have been done, some many times, in kit form already.  Some subjects are so perennially popular,  they seem almost like corn flakes, make more of them, people will buy them.  So many other subjects however,  really are in "missionary sale" territory--and those can be tough to move.

Art

I think we all realise this and thus are just dreaming here.

But don't you think that at least some of the '50s waftbarges would be strong sellers?
I mean, these cars have cult status the World over and not only with geezers.

Also, wouldn't it be feasible to issue variations of existing kits?
This would save a lot of the dev and tooling costs, the latter of which must be a fraction of what they used to be anyway due to high tech.
I mean, Moebius did some milking of their Hudson stuff, but why do they deny us one of the wonderful sedans? Cue Miss Daisy tie in here.
Just another example are the '59 Revell Chevies and Caddies, which are always popular.
What would it take to do a Biscayne 4 door sedan, ideally with police/taxi gear, or a Series 60 Fleetwood Special?
And what about a '60 Caddy? Couldn't the AMT '57 Chrysler be morphed into a DeSoto, or New Yorker, with relative ease?
What about a Revell '57 Ranchero?

I'm only asking here, really, but I can't imagine it would take the World.

Also, there are some epic rods and customs out there, which IMO is way too little refected on by the model industry.

Europe is a different kettle of fish altogether. Car modelling never was as popular as it was/is in the States or Japan.
Europeans love to collect their little diecasts and plastic modellers are frowned upon (it's nice to belong to a minority tough)
unless they do war stuff or assemble buildings for their model railway layouts. I think even truck modelling is more popular
over here than car modelling.
Thus car model kits will never be high on the priority list of European kit manufacturers. But exactly this opens a door 
US companies don't seem to realise - expand the business with export sales. Looking at the US trade deficit and stagnant
or even reclining sales figures over there, this would be something I'd definitely look into.

Regarding ROI/profit - I think people are prepared to shell out for 'special' stuff. See Ebbro.

Edited by Junkman

5 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

As you can see, the rear fenders are different, as are the wheel opennings, and the wheel opennings and the mouldings around them.  You'd basically have to resculpt the body.

69-Mercury-Cyclone-Spoiler-2-DV-09-GG_00

pa0715-217311_2@2x.jpg?1438186738000

Fortunately, Polar Lights did make a 1969 Cyclone GT, but it's the racing version, though I suppose you could use the stock parts from the Torino to make a stock Cyclone GT

13a_e9f4481b-3fe9-4c65-9202-5544b1357454

I have both kits and will try to do one but I have a helicopter and bike to build first