Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

17 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

The point is that as far as they're concerned, there's a lot more at stake than just models, and in they have to choose between keeping the modelers happy, and jeapordizing the revenues from all their other licensing, guess who loses out?

It just seems to me , and I could be wrong here, that licensing is basically giving their permission and approval of any commercial project depicting their product or use of their copyrighted logos, etc. I'm not sure why they'd have to choose one venue over another. Are they afraid over saturation? Is there such a thing where marketing is concerned? :unsure::D

Lots to agree with in terms of some subjects I would like to see.  Quite a few already noted have been produced in resin at one time or another but those can be a rush to buy before they disappear, provided you know they exist.

As a big fan of 60's era sports cars I would love things like the 6-cylinder Maserati's (3500, Sebring, etc), early Lambo's, Aston Martin DB4 (and variants like the GT and Zagato), and handful of the Ferraris that started with the Pinninfarina/Boana coupe in the late 50's.  Some were kits in the past but new more accurate tooling would be great - no doubt a new tool 289 Cobra would sell tons.

Maserati_3500_GTi_Sebring_01pop.jpg.91cbc4d3fdd3d8955df4049ffd8f32be.jpg

0c8dc4a21c489e9b332cc8c9cbe126cd.jpg.cd6ac3615711f05060e67495d5d72454.jpgS7-modele--lamborghini-400-gt.jpg.704743bd141bdd3d65cbb4011a966d89.jpg

For sentimental reasons the  '77 T-bird and some of the GM A-body/G-body that started in '78 would find homes on my shelves.

For all of these cars the manufacturers shared chassis and drivelines across multiple body styles so maybe that's one possible reduction in tooling costs that some could be done.  Maybe.

Edited by djflyer

Pack Rat, I like every single one of your choices, and I'm a Ford guy.  The fact that we don't have a notchback 67-68 Mustang is beyond my understanding.  Ferrari Lusso is the best of the street bodies.  And a '71-'72 Polara...well its just not going to happen but a guy can wish.

20 minutes ago, pack rat said:

100_4919.jpg

1957-buick-caballero-station-wagon-older-restored-rare-cover-magazine-2.jpg

1970c2a0plymouth-sport-fury-gt-hardtop-coupe.jpg

175863_14bc7aebc5_low_res.jpg

282190_f9426dcd10_low_res.JPG

Would love to see all of these!

Don't care too much about the '63 Grand Prix as I already have one of the original AMT '64s, but for the life of me, I can't understand why we haven't seen any other Buick GS kits.

With the muscle car craze gaining so much steam these days, it only seems natural that we could get off of the Mopar, Camaro and Mustang kick & move on to some other muscle.

I would love to see the '68/'69 GS!

Steve

1 hour ago, pack rat said:

100_4919.jpg

Has anyone here ever tried to build this '64 Starfire based on a Jo-Han '63? You'd need these wheels from the AMT '65 Olds 88 (or use the '66 Nova wheelcovers), but largely it would involve modifying the extreme front and rear. The talent on this board could do it, I bet. Maybe a task for Airtrax?

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

Pack Rat, I like every single one of your choices, and I'm a Ford guy.  The fact that we don't have a notchback 67-68 Mustang is beyond my understanding.  

We have the AMT/Ertl '67 Fastback, but the body on that kit is lacking a lot of engraved detail.

I've been hinting (bugging?) Round2 for about 9 years now;  if they are considering tooling anything new....take that kit, toss the body/interior bits and use the rest as the basis for a '67 Hardtop.  

Then I would FINALLY have a kit of my first car.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:28 AM, Junkman said:

8607353969_5bf20a42e3_z.jpgII would love to have a 1969 Mercury Marauder. I had a 1:1 back in 1974.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Dennis

'65 Buick Skylark GS and '65 Olds 4-4-2. 

And, going back to the sports cars, I"m not really much of a sports car guy, but I'd probably buy and build models of the '60s Triumph Spitfire and IV, and the MGB. 

And why do we have no common, popularly priced kit of the Aston Martin DB.5?

17 hours ago, pack rat said:

We have the AMT/Ertl '67 Fastback, but the body on that kit is lacking a lot of engraved detail.

I've been hinting (bugging?) Round2 for about 9 years now;  if they are considering tooling anything new....take that kit, toss the body/interior bits and use the rest as the basis for a '67 Hardtop.  

Then I would FINALLY have a kit of my first car.

Plus unlike the FB's, they're a cheap canvas for those who wanna be a race wannabee , both 1/1 as in scale.

But I guess the market's isn't waiting for such a kit, the baby-boomers only seem to embrace, nostalgic re-pop's of kits, they had as a kid.

Sigh...

Edited by Luc Janssens