Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

4 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Image result for really ugly cars

Cute., Maybe the Weinermobile would appeal to some.  BTW, your last "joke" suggestions got me collecting references for a Leyat Helica, so thanks for the inspiration.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Regarding REVELL' s operation in the UK.   They have a big stand at IPMS Scalemodelworld Show at Telford every year and actively solicit suggestions for new kits from the many visitors to the show.   AIRFIX...... Same!

A couple of years ago Revell Germany had a post your model wish on our site web page, a lot was posted (good and bad), but by looking at the new releases, I think the new management threw it all into the garbage.

Oh well...

On 1/15/2018 at 7:32 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

Cute., Maybe the Weinermobile would appeal to some.  BTW, your last "joke" suggestions got me collecting references for a Leyat Helica, so thanks for the inspiration.

The now defunct PMC model company in New York actually DID make this as a promotional ! I bought one off a member here years back and I'm NOT letting go of it cause It WILL get used in an up coming diorama project

On 1/13/2018 at 4:16 PM, misterNNL said:

Unfortunately all these "I would like to see this kitted" forums end up the same way.....as a bottomless sinkhole of never gonna happen. There is a very talented pool of master modelers and resin casters out there willing to invest the hundreds of hours in creating masters for vehicles we could have never dreamed of having available to us a few years ago. A great example of that is the excellent looking Corvair Rampside pick up kit I see pictured lately. What we have to ask our selves is are we willing to spend the $ 70.00 it costs to buy vehicles like that? If the prices I see at most kit retailers are any indication of what to become of kit prices we are halfway there already. Maybe if we had to spend $ 70.00 a pop for every model kit we REALLY intended to build we would not all have shelves loaded to bursting strength with dozens or hundreds(you know who you are)that in all probability will never be built. Maybe we would all be a little more select in what we invest our disposable hobby income for.

So, so much this. ^^^^^

I always get a chuckle out of the "I would buy that if they reissued it!" comments. Why not just buy one original kit instead of two reissued kits? Now there are exceptions (One Armed Bandit, Monogram Sport Coupe, and so on), but many times, all it takes is paying double, exactly as Tom stated.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:16 PM, misterNNL said:

Maybe if we had to spend $ 70.00 a pop for every model kit we REALLY intended to build we would not all have shelves loaded to bursting strength with dozens or hundreds(you know who you are)that in all probability will never be built. Maybe we would all be a little more select in what we invest our disposable hobby income for.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Recently thought of a few more I'd like to see in 1/25, in Revell/Moebius quality:  a 1965 Dodge Dart GT, a 1970-73 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am,  1965-66 Mustang 2+2 GT, and a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda hardtop.  I'm sure I'll think of more, but for now this is enough butting my head against a wall.

I've suggested this before, but Moebius could easily make a '63 Plymouth max wedge car using the Belvedere I as a starting point...... It has the correct exhaust and everything....

I know that they could do it right! All the under-hood decals, all the details to make it correct.

I've always Loved the looks of this car..........

plymouth.JPG.6340fff62facc8d28d9b26b5332a6124.JPG

Related image

Image result for really stupid car

1 hour ago, JollySipper said:

I've suggested this before, but Moebius could easily make a '63 Plymouth max wedge car using the Belvedere I as a starting point...... It has the correct exhaust and everything....

And you could use the Jo-Han kit to correct the windshield header when they mess it up icon_twisted.gif.7c65ab75901cf478256cfff2cc34d040.gif.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

21 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Related image

All I can say is WHAA???

You're kidding right? 

On 2/20/2018 at 4:26 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Related image

All I can say is WHAA???

You're kidding right?