Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

5 minutes ago, 426 pack said:

Wow that’s cool. What motor are you going to run in it?

It's on a S-10 chassis with a 4.3 , I got the S-10 for free . Going to get it going and enjoy it this summer.  There is plenty of room for a V8 later . Of course it will be a Mopar!! Maybe built slant6.

Yes for the '64 Malibu, but I'd like 2D Sedan the most.

Some other kits that I'd like to see:

'62 Chevrolet Chevy II 2D Sedan.

'62-'65 Chevy II Wagon

'74 Chevrolet Malibu Classic

'49-'50 Lincoln Cosmopolitan (Preferably a Custom, but Stock would be OK as well as it could be turned into a beautiful Lead Sled).

'39 Mercury Coupe (Same as above).

'55 Chevy 2D Sedan (New tool).

'55 Chevy Handyman

'58, '59, '60, '61, '62, '63 and '64 Chevrolet Bel Air, Biscayne, Delray etc 2D Sedan.

'63 Pontiac Tempest

'48-'49 Cadillac Sedanette

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

1978 Z/28 Camaro, 2002-2005 Thunderbird. The Camaro I bought new in 1078 anf the Thunderbird (2005 Limited Edition) I have now.

Both have been done, MPC had a 1978 annual kit of the Camaro and Monogram/Revell have reissued this 79 multiple times. 

revell-1979-camaro-z28.jpg.80deb95548051c710fe9c7aed0d7425f.jpg

The Thunderbird has been done too. 

5ab00c8d1ae44_Bond_DieADay-TBird02.JPG.359b4207ab89f330f2e748d17f58abf0.JPG

Edited by highway

• 3 years later...
6 minutes ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Hello all. Models from my childhood I would love to see reissued. AMT Red Alert Chevelle, Monogram 1969 Camaro Z28, 1974 Camaro (MPC or AMT doesn't matter), 1970 Maverick or Comet. Those were some of my favorites. I'm sure I'll think of more.

By the way truth be told I'm still a child. A 60 year old child, but a child nonetheless.

My choices, apart from reissues, would be contemporary vehicles such as Tesla, especially the rear folding gull wing doors, the hotter Caddy models, a detailed Vette with some varying models in one kit. Though not a big fan of the new trucks, it would be neat to have an EV detailed chassis to kit bash with earlier gas trucks.

Who knows, it may attract younger modellers. I recently gave my grand-nephew the snap Raptor for his B-Day after showing him my workbench and spray booth…. I think I may have hooked him!

Cheers Misha 

• Like 3

I just sold a pair of those '69 Camaros. I like them, but many folks think they are terminally mis-shapen.

Slixx, makes a set of Red Alert Camaro decals, and given the right Chevelle Kit, you can build a reasonable copy.

The Mavericks and Comets are all Johan tooling and remain pricey collectors items.

29 minutes ago, alexis said:

I just sold a pair of those '69 Camaros. I like them, but many folks think they are terminally mis-shapen.

Slixx, makes a set of Red Alert Camaro decals, and given the right Chevelle Kit, you can build a reasonable copy.

The Mavericks and Comets are all Johan tooling and remain pricey collectors items.

Thanks yes I have read about the Camaro's. As far as the Mavericks, and Comets a boy can dream can't he?

This one would be a cool re issue also. With the popularity of this era square body soaring, re-releasing this one would be a  license to print money for Revell. Even the vintage dirt bikes have been growing in popularity these days. Hopefully, the tooling still exists.

1 1 16 chevy.webp

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 2