Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

On 6/7/2022 at 7:41 AM, keyser said:

A touch on the bulky side -- doesn't hold a candle to a styrene kit. But, regardless of that assessment: iconic car... iconic film... why not a kit? Better than die cast stuff with bank vault door hinges and too-thick door frames.

Zero chance, but I’d like to see a kit of a Chrysler K car. With just a few extra pieces, it could be a 2 in 1 kit containing options to build a Dodge Aries or Plymouth Reliant. Derivatives can be made too, such as coupes, wagons, Chrysler LeBaron, etc. 

Although, given their boxy, compact, and simple design, K cars would lend themselves well to 3d printing. 

• 4 weeks later...

I said it before, I'll say it again. BAJA BUG! The wide eyed version would be nice and the front bumper nerf bars and a rear cage would be nice. I have a Revell '68 bug kit just waiting for this day. Also, the old Jackman style dune buggy Baja wheels would be nice.

baja bug.jpg

baja bug b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike C. said:

I said it before, I'll say it again. BAJA BUG! The wide eyed version would be nice and the front bumper nerf bars and a rear cage would be nice. I have a Revell '68 bug kit just waiting for this day. Also, the old Jackman style dune buggy Baja wheels would be nice.

baja bug.jpg

baja bug b.jpg

I would be a buyer for a Baja Bug kit. I used to have a '67 with the earlier headlights in the center style. Impi solid steel wheels and 10.00 x 15 floatation rear tires. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Even though it has been done in diecast , I would love to see a DIVCO made into full detail plastic kit

ScU48ae.jpg

It's a funny thing...  I have a resin Divco that was done by Ron Cash way back when.  I was looking for a chassis and how to scratch build the interior,  find suitable decals etc.

Then Danbury Mint came out with their Divco.  I bought it and ya know,  there is no way I could top theirs as a model.  So that just scratched my itch and I'm done!