Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sisu Trucking

Below are just three trucks in my fleet of Sisu Trucking. All are Monogram, now Revell, 1/32 scale SnapTite kits. There is the Ford AeroMax. A Kenworth T600A. And a Peterbilt 352 Cabover. All skill level 1, curbside kits. But, very nice looking kits despite their simplicity. 

I do have one problem with the Ford AeroMax and the Kenworth T600A. Unlike their sister, the Peterbilt 352, they do not fit back in their boxes when your through building them. At least the Peterbilt fits by laying it on its side in the box. The other two are too long. Most of my kits, when I'm done with them, go back in their boxes for storage. Certain models like these trucks, are a problem. I really don't have the space to display them. And yet I have no way to safely store them. Does anybody out there have any cheap, and serious, ideas of how I can resolve this problem? 

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

Edited by unclescott58

Like I said  in your other Sisu post, "I'm beginning to like these 1/32 scales a lot".  They look nice and are easy to work with and take up less space.  About storing them,  why not display them in that bookshelf you have and instead store the books?

2 hours ago, angelo7 said:

Like I said  in your other Sisu post, "I'm beginning to like these 1/32 scales a lot".  They look nice and are easy to work with and take up less space.  About storing them,  why not display them in that bookshelf you have and instead store the books?

The one thing I love more than models, are books. And I don't have enough shelves for all of those either. 

2 hours ago, gatorincebu said:

Some good looking models you have there. If I were you.I would look into getting some of the plastic boxes meant for shoes. To store your models in .

Be Well

Gator

I'm going to look into that. That sounds like a good suggestion. 

• 4 weeks later...

For storage, one trick I've used is to find a shoebox of the right size, then cut cardboard to extend the sides up high enough to clear the antennas and exhaust stacks. The box top fits right over the side extensions, sealing it in nicely. The shoebox is sturdier too, because of the double wall. Try it out, your nice, clean work deserves good protection!

Also, get one of those Molotow 1mm chrome pens so you can paint the logos, they seem to be quite prominent on these kits and the added detail would add a lot

Bob