[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

I'm throwing together a curbside ramptruck to haul the '66 AWB Fairlane  drag car that I've been working on. The cab is from a diecast WIX bank. The bed was made from scratch. The wheels and tires are from Scenes Unlimited, awesome products btw!

2v2uyRuCyxfjhLg.jpg

2v2uyRuFFxfjhLg.jpg

2v2uyRJvNxfjhLg.jpg

2v2uyRJHdxfjhLg.jpg

2v2uyRJbjxfjhLg.jpg

After sanding down the black a bit, I applied a couple of coats of Duplicolor white primer. Then on to the Poppy Red spraybomb.

2v2uyRJRhxfjhLg.jpg

2v2uyDHhFxfjhLg.jpg

2v2uyhyVCxfjhLg.jpg

This is going to be very sharp!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Dennis

On 12/5/2017 at 7:37 PM, Plastic_Passion said:

Awesome! What did you use for the framerails?

It's a curbside, so there's no frame.

This is awesome, Ive been wanting to build a ramp truck to carry a 70s funny car I'm building. Do you have any pics of the chassis?

Great looking race team. I like the colors and wheel choices on both! If you ever decided to use a frame,  I guess the '73-'79 Ford pickup 1 ton frame would be the best donor, but in this case you would need a least two. The front suspension would have to be altered, the. Twin I beam first came out on '67 F 350's,  the 1966 F 350 used the old style straight axle and leafsprings.

Edited by leafsprings

Ron, beautiful work.  Do you have measurements for the ramp?

Edited by vintagercr

That is a really cool project. I want to do something similar to the resin 65-67 Dodge D300 cabs that I got. I just bought the Revell 68 Dodge Dart Hemi as a christmaspresent for my self. That would look great on a similar style Dodge truck. Great job you have done on this:)

On 12/22/2017 at 9:51 PM, Chariots of Fire said:

You must have two of those Ford cabs!!:D

I'm up to four so far, I can't wait for Moebius! LOL

One one them will become the Tasca truck....

2v2uyLduvxfjhLg.jpg

On 12/22/2017 at 10:33 PM, leafsprings said:

Great looking race team. I like the colors and wheel choices on both! If you ever decided to use a frame,  I guess the '73-'79 Ford pickup 1 ton frame would be the best donor, but in this case you would need a least two. The front suspension would have to be altered, the. Twin I beam first came out on '67 F 350's,  the 1966 F 350 used the old style straight axle and leafsprings.

Thx! I think the next one I do will be a 1967-69 with a complete chassis.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:23 AM, vintagercr said:

Ron, beautiful work.  Do you have measurements for the ramp?

Thx :)

It measures 8" x 3.25"