Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Berlin Buick": On the Bench 12/4/17 ....."OUTSIDE" Finished pictures posted 2/7/18

John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).........I made the rear side window frames and I painted them Alclad and attached the glass......I also made the side door window frames painted them Alclad and added wind wings......I made a rag top using medical bandage tape and painted it "Folk Art" Acrylic Charcoal Gray........I`m finished with this model......I will take some "Outside" pics soon and post them.......thanks for looking and all the kind comments

DSCF0312_zpsmlmhvfrf.jpg

DSCF0311_zps6donebmn.jpg

DSCF0310_zpsfoqudxl7.jpg

DSCF0309_zpsczlzzfxg.jpg

DSCF0308_zpscyhjndhu.jpg

Took me a while to respond John but it's only because it took me this long to soak in all the details.  Just one of the points of interest is the twin small "buttons" on the door panels on the tartan fabric.  Subtle but you can't miss them.  Great eye and execution as always!   cheers, tim

Hello.......thank you all so very much for following along with this build and for all the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I have posted "Outside" Finished pictures of this build you can go here to  see them........

DSCF0452_zpsynubb9gd.jpg

thanks for looking

John, sometimes you make make me want to cry Uncle and just sell everything in my collection. Kits, tools, paint, I mean everything! Then the insanity comes back and I go,"Well he has worked at it for a while, so maybe if I dedicate that much time, maybe I can get half as good". Then I look at the year on the calendar. It tells me, nope nobody lives 150+ years and I am already older than you are! And Chris, don't be laughing too hard, because you have done the same thing to me! LOL!!

• 6 months later...
On 2/13/2018 at 9:24 PM, socal76 said:

John, sometimes you make make me want to cry Uncle and just sell everything in my collection. Kits, tools, paint, I mean everything! Then the insanity comes back and I go,"Well he has worked at it for a while, so maybe if I dedicate that much time, maybe I can get half as good". Then I look at the year on the calendar. It tells me, nope nobody lives 150+ years and I am already older than you are! And Chris, don't be laughing too hard, because you have done the same thing to me! LOL!!

Here here I second that notion.

• 3 years later...