Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Berlin Buick": On the Bench 12/4/17 ....."OUTSIDE" Finished pictures posted 2/7/18

John Teresi

Hello......Thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).........Dave the fires were pretty bad around here.......kinda settled down a little bit........hope all is well with you.........I worked on the engine bay  and modified the front and rear fenders......and I re-worked the rear window......I will work on the interior next.......thanks for looking.

DSCF0027_zps5bpoblpx.jpg

DSCF0029_zps58bjhlzm.jpg

DSCF0012_zpsravqu4mc.jpg

DSCF0024_zps57ly2n9n.jpg

DSCF0010_zpsoriuww5b.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......Thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).........I modified the seats so that they fold ..........and I got the body  on a rollin chassis........I would like to thank Mr. Art Laski for donating the Buick Engine for this build......I did some modifications to the block and made a Hilbourn Manifold ,I will turn this Buick Engine into a  215 Alluminum Buick Engine......I will be using stacks from Speed City Resins........I will work on the radiators next.......thanks for looking.

DSCF0087_zpsz8r1pmji.jpg

DSCF0088_zpssuruonjb.jpg

DSCF0089_zpsiw1htojs.jpg

DSCF0086_zpsciwbv4no.jpg

DSCF0085_zpsopxqh4de.jpg

13 minutes ago, GerN said:

Fantastic project choice!  As usual . . .  BTW, does the radiator go behind the engine and the car run with an open rear lid?

Gerald......it has dual Radiators and pumps behind the seats and yes it does run with the rear lid closed or open

DSC_0455-vi_zpsvm3bylyn.jpg

033-Berlin-Buick-Beetle_zpseojnd6yp.jpg

I watched an episode of Bitchin Rides I had saved, last evening.  It's the episode where they took the '57 Ford and '55 Nomad to a show in Reno.  There was the Berlin Buick!  I had never heard of it before your thread, but there it was!  Dave talked with the owner and there was  some video  of the car.  

Hello.....Tom,Gerald,Tim........thanks guys.......I really appreciate you looking in:)........I made a new dash board and door panels........I made the radiator set up .......and hinged the doors........still in the mock -up stages.......I will fine tune everything latter.......I will work on the engine cradle next......thanks for looking.

DSCF0099_zpsdyuix3xe.jpg

DSCF0098_zpsg9hs6gse.jpg

DSCF0096_zpsajgksn6j.jpg

DSCF0097_zpsbi0wjk6a.jpg

DSCF0095_zpsz4srusun.jpg

DSCF0093_zpsb48pd5oq.jpg

Edited by John Teresi