Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Berlin Buick": On the Bench 12/4/17 ....."OUTSIDE" Finished pictures posted 2/7/18

John Teresi

Hello...........Bob,Anton, Chris........thanks guys for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I made a fuel tank, battery cover, and tool box cover and painted them Scale Finishes G7809 GOLD without  a clear coat to get a flat finish.........and used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends.........I modified the seats so that they are functional......I painted them Tamiya  Buff and "Folk Art" Acrylic Charcoal Gray and added some "Scale Motorsport"  Plaid Upholstery Decals........I attached the custom made "Berlin Hemi" decals that GWS Decals made for the valve covers........I made the dash and added Slixx decals ......I also Modified the headlights and got them attached......thanks for looking

DSCF0233_zpstgsbrcyl.jpg

DSCF0240_zpssnjiw1tp.jpg

DSCF0239_zpset8wnbfs.jpg

DSCF0238_zpsx0lxesxz.jpg

DSCF0237_zpsqmft1u3t.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......Chris,Brad,Niko.......thanks guys so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them:)........I made the door panels I painted them Tamiya Buff.......and added some "Scale Motorsport" plaid upholstery decals and also added some bare metal foil ..........I also added the throttle linkage and plumbed the air shocks......thanks for looking

DSCF0249_zps7gayftuy.jpg

DSCF0245_zps26tziumk.jpg

DSCF0246_zpsxfdiqmj1.jpg

DSCF0251_zpswlgonhyd.jpg

DSCF0250_zpsyslsl2y3.jpg

DSCF0257_zpshwi0mlhk.jpg

DSCF0256_zpsu3uiweot.jpg

Hello.......hey Chris......thank you so very much for checking in and for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I attached the windshield and rear window using Acetate......I also made some window frames and painted them Alclad........I attached the body to the chassis and attached the rear wheels......I made some headers and wrapped  them with medical bandage tape.......I also attached the dash board and steering wheel.......I made a gear shift and boot.....I also made a rag top frame and painted that Alclad........thanks for looking

DSCF0258_zpsvi3kygav.jpg

DSCF0264_zpsnqqjttlk.jpg

DSCF0261_zpsuzcuxmu5.jpg

DSCF0260_zpsyhngftfk.jpg

DSCF0271_zpsuakvws9t.jpg

Stunning work. There is a real moment of truth for all of us when we post these enlarged photos of our models to several times their normal size. No hiding flaws then for sure. The level of finish is incredible. The dash details alone would take me weeks of work to achieve that detail and quality. Will you be adding some chrome port holes and extended exhaust tips ? Thanks for sharing !

• Like 1

Hello..........Charlie,Chris,Bob,Ron,Tom......thanks guys so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I made and attached  the bumpers and painted them Alclad........I made the the exhaust tips from aluminum stock......I bought some gauge bezels  from Model Car Garage that I will add later when I get them in the mail .......I also made the clutch set up......thanks for looking

DSCF0281_zpsunvesgqy.jpg

DSCF0279_zpsx73nkyfj.jpg

DSCF0278_zpsokknfobc.jpg

DSCF0285_zpsuda5n2ib.jpg

DSCF0283_zps2eixg131.jpg