Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 December 2017 Product Spotlight

MrObsessive

7 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Yeah, just marketing like the Coke kits....they could slap Snake and Mongoose logos on the '69 Charger box and it would sell...

I am still buying one LOL, it will go with the Hot Wheel that was produced

2 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Its not a new tool truck kit, Round2 bought Lindberg, that is the Lindberg 1/20th scale kit tooling reboxed .

Kinda figured it wasn't new.  Someone please give us some new trucks as kits.  (or else I may have to resort to buying diecasts :P)

10 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Good thing there isnt anything I want this month, all my Dec hobby money is tied up with supporting the Japanese Model companies.

I couldnt agree more. Aside from the new Camaro kits, there hasnt been anythng from AMT I want. Tho I still like to pick up the reissue of the '67 Shelby when I find one. 

I've spent far too much money this fall on kits already....I'm hoping nothing more new comes out this year that I want.

58 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Mmmmhhh, Parts Pack?

Gotta be happening in 2018. ^_^

3 hours ago, pack rat said:

It will look great in the back of a pickup, and the guys at Round2 know it.......maybe some day....  

:)

The '50 Chevy pickup is a very good modern-era kit, and a great source for an early '50s Chevy inline six.-, and a great kit for kitbashing if nothing else.

The '57 Chevy kit is nice to have again but disappointed that they were unable to include the chopped top from the first issue. I'm glad to see the Chevy pickup back and since I used to have a Union 76 station and eventually went to work for Union Oil Company at one of the distribution centers I'll have fun with the decals in that kit. The Buick looks like one I may want to build also.

So I backtracked and found the Lindberg Baja boxing of that GMC Sonoma, of which I was blissfully unaware at the time.  Guess this is one reissue I'll hafta pick up.

Thought I heard tell some place that the earlier of Lindberg's '90s 1/20 molds were cut in aluminum or some other metal less durable than steel, and that their shelf life would be considerably shortened relative to more conventional molds.  Then again, how many early '90s S-series trucks could they have pressed?

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Actually, Jon, I was talking specifically about the volume of those 1st-gen GM S-series truck kits, and how many they ran through those molds (assuming the aluminum story is even true).  IIrc, think it was allegedly the Stealth/3000 and those first square S-series that were from aluminum tools, and all that followed came from steel.

Have some difficulty imaging millions of those first-gen GM trucklets sold, you see - particularly when R/M came to the party with theirs in 1/25.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis