Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flat32

Diorama Dream

I have a dream of creating a diorama depicting the Ford Flathead engine block casting line shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0PAg7FfMk .  Whole video is interesting, but I'm looking at the section between the 4:00 and 7:00 minute marks. I already have computer models of the block and sand cores that I've printed.  Will be doing the flasks at some point.  Lacking diorama making skills it's just a dream of mine.

If anyone here would like to tackle this I'd be willing to donate the parts I make at whatever scale is chosen.

"Lacking in diorama skills are you ?"......"Then questions of other builders on the forums you should ask"( You should use your best Yoda voice when saying this out loud)

Very cool diorama project idea...and video.    I have a few diorama dream projects id like to do myself if I ever can find all the needed stuff to...been collecting parts for them for years now.

I just watched this entire film and have to say that is it was most impressive indeed.If you watch this through to the end and are wondering the finished cars are for the1938 model year.

What scale would be best??  I would like to include the workers and figure I could get old time clothes, dress a couple guys in them and 3D scan them in the appropriate poses.