Model Cars Magazine Forum

Collection pics!

Plastic_Passion

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2017 at 8:17 PM, dragcarz said:

I may have shared this before, one of my display cases, and my model closet. Closet is full, floor to ceiling with unbuilt kits , over 1000 at last count. .......Don’t tell my wife how many I have?

37F63107-7E61-4519-ABBA-130C0CC111C3.jpeg

72A5DB43-01DD-461F-AB47-C491D90A3ACE.jpeg

I like your collection of 1320 drag cars as I have about a dozen of them myself.

Just now, peekay said:

Sergey, you're a very talented man!

Thank you Peter! I think I'm just like everyone else, everyone can do the same (my models are not absolutely perfect). The main approach is to set a goal(a model like a real car) and you do everything to achieve this goal (looking on the photo of the real car, you improve every visible minor trifle). Even if you never reach the goal, it helps to create models better and better. And if something does not work to build, I'm looking for other ways, means and materials.

9 hours ago, Ermiloff said:

Thank you Peter! I think I'm just like everyone else, everyone can do the same (my models are not absolutely perfect). The main approach is to set a goal(a model like a real car) and you do everything to achieve this goal (looking on the photo of the real car, you improve every visible minor trifle). Even if you never reach the goal, it helps to create models better and better. And if something does not work to build, I'm looking for other ways, means and materials.

I was just saying this yesterday over in the open door thread I posted. This is the way I feel as well. I just want to build the car I would buy had it been me at the dealership. But then again there's the builds that are how you would build the car if it were in your garage. Most every time I build a kit, I try to do at least one new technical skill. Doesn' matter how small it may be..... anyways glad to see this is still going!!!! 

9 hours ago, Plastic_Passion said:

I was just saying this yesterday over in the open door thread I posted. This is the way I feel as well. I just want to build the car I would buy had it been me at the dealership. But then again there's the builds that are how you would build the car if it were in your garage. Most every time I build a kit, I try to do at least one new technical skill. Doesn' matter how small it may be..... anyways glad to see this is still going!!!! 

agreed. There are guys who build a lot of varied models, some with no more passion or connection to that car than if they were assembling a puzzle to keep occupied.  On the other end, are those of us who build cars that mean something to us. I will build a car to be the one I'd want in 1:1, or a copy of some old friend that brings back fond memories.   And of course we build each model to be better than the last one!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a poor guy with no budget for extra furniture - but somebody at my apartment complex moved out recently, abandoning a few useful bits by the dumpster, including what appears to be a perfectly good CD/DVD thing. Adapted now for a more orderly arrangement of my Cobra die casts, where previously were scattered around on some makeshift shelves.

5a8cdd8a36cba_Cobracollection.JPG.12acfa1084f7784ffaca781cdfd3f1a1.JPG

And while I'm at it, my diecast Checker cab pile, which includes my custom made gasser.

5a8cdd9475b62_Checkercollection.JPG.40f1fba63967f0d6e51842aeb338a947.JPG

Edited by Russell C

• 1 month later...

Here are mine. One cabinet, bought for $30 at a flea market. Added glass shelves which cost more than the cabinet. One overall photo and some closeups.

IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7079.jpg

I also have a small cabinet in my wife's sewing/craft room which houses the redos and my engine collection.

IMG_7080.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

Finally got most of mine in one place. Probably a few stragglers around but this is the bulk of it. The showcase was a gun cabinet my neighbors left by the road when they moved. Thankfully, they left the key in it. Removed the barrel rest, the lights I already had, and the glass was $100.00 total. Will get the other 4 when I get paid again. Should hold 40 cars.

SAM_0374 (1).JPG

SAM_0375 (1).JPG

SAM_0376 (1).JPG

SAM_0377 (1).JPG

SAM_0378 (1).JPG

SAM_0396.JPG

SAM_0402.JPG

SAM_0403.JPG

SAM_0399.JPG

SAM_0408.JPG

SAM_0406.JPG

SAM_0401.JPG

SAM_0407.JPG

Edited by Renegade
Inappropiate picture

OMG!!!! I haven't been on for a minute because I've been really busy at work and am in the process of buying my condo! This thread is great! I love everyone's collections. I'm still so envious of everyone's unbuilt collections! I have to get a cabinet with some glass for sure. I'e actually taken a couple cars off the shelf. I wasn't overly satisfied with how they came out. I have to get this condo deal sealed so I can build some cars again!

On 3/27/2018 at 9:05 AM, landman said:

Here are mine. One cabinet, bought for $30 at a flea market. Added glass shelves which cost more than the cabinet. One overall photo and some closeups.

IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7079.jpg

I also have a small cabinet in my wife's sewing/craft room which houses the redos and my engine collection.

IMG_7080.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

Your little engines are so cool. I always put work into my motors and take pics of them.... but I never just build and display my spares. I don't know why I've never done this. It's a great idea!

• 2 weeks later...