Model Cars Magazine Forum

Collection pics!

Plastic_Passion

5 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Let's see some of this stuff closer up. Individually. 

If you'd like to see my builds more up close you can visit my Flickr page to see them. Unfortunately I have to delete pics on here to make room for some others. My 69 vette build took up some space. Again visit if you'd like. I' not trying to tell you how to live your life. Lol

Here' the link to my Flickr in the collections album. From there you can view others. I' adding new/more pics all the time. 

7 minutes ago, magicmustang said:

Nope, they wouldn't do it. My neighbor is into woodworking and had a fine tooth band saw that was prefect for cutting Plexiglas.

?that's a sweet connection. I definitely need some glass doors. But that also means I need a new cabinet....? looks like a future project in the works.

Wow, this thread was just waiting to happen! There's some great looking displays going on here.

Here's a couple of shots of my old hobby room...

Copy_of_airfix_123.jpg

Copy_of_airfix_124.jpg

Copy_of_airfix_125.jpg

I used to rotate different collections around. One week Monogram, next week Airfix and so on. I built the room to be flexible enough to do this. I used pegboard for the walls to give an old Hobby Shop look to the place.

The shots above don't have many built models on show. The room was newly built at that point and I was trying out different setups.

Happy days!

Tony.

Edited by TonyW

These are awesome, I had a glass book case when I was a kid and I had all kinds of cars, planes, helicopters, and ships. When we moved, many of them died from firecrackers and BB guns or being lit on fire and thrown off the roof as they augured in my back yard. The cars for the most part made it as I snuck them into boxes.

19 hours ago, TonyW said:

Wow, this thread was just waiting to happen! There's some great looking displays going on here.

Here's a couple of shots of my old hobby room...

Copy_of_airfix_123.jpg

Copy_of_airfix_124.jpg

Copy_of_airfix_125.jpg

I used to rotate different collections around. One week Monogram, next week Airfix and so on. I built the room to be flexible enough to do this. I used pegboard for the walls to give an old Hobby Shop look to the place.

The shots above don't have many built models on show. The room was newly built at that point and I was trying out different setups.

Happy days!

Tony.

Tony, I've noticed some collections don't have to be complete cars and to be honest I'm quite envious of the collections of unbuilt heaven I've seen. My unbuilt collection pales in comparison to my built collection.

14 hours ago, Michael in Illinois said:

Here's where I play. Display cases are from Carney plastics, they keep the dust and fingers off. Hoping Santa has another case in his sled this year, since I'm running out of space.

20171208_095637[1].jpg

20171208_095644[1].jpg

20171208_095710[1].jpg

20171208_095723[1].jpg

Michael your display is very nice! I like how you have your display mounted on the wall. Looms great!

14 hours ago, Plastic_Passion said:

First off your screen name is awesome and secondly you have a very nice collection too!

Thanks I just realized that is only posted pics of my drag car and I have a lot more model cars than that. 

My screen name is just something I came up with it combined my two favourite things about mopars 426 HEMI+6 pack=426pack

Edited by 426 pack

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, Michael in Illinois said:

Here's where I play. Display cases are from Carney plastics, they keep the dust and fingers off. Hoping Santa has another case in his sled this year, since I'm running out of space.

20171208_095637[1].jpg

20171208_095644[1].jpg

20171208_095710[1].jpg

20171208_095723[1].jpg

Really like your display cases. Nice collection!