Model Cars Magazine Forum

Engine wiring question

13 minutes ago, peteski said:

Sorry for the rant but I think it is really silly and awkward when people quite an entire lengthy post (with photos) just to say "thank you".   Trimming the quoted message makes the thread easier to read (and less scrolling through duplicate info).

I agree & just didn't remember to do it. I'll fix that immediately, if I can:wacko::) Oh, BTW I don't see the rant. Did it get taken down?

Note: just went in and deleted what I could. I couldn't remove the links:unsure:

Edited by #1 model citizen

26 minutes ago, #1 model citizen said:

I agree & just didn't remember to do it. I'll fix that immediately, if I can:wacko::) Oh, BTW I don't see the rant. Did it get taken down?

Note: just went in and deleted what I could. I couldn't remove the links:unsure:

My post about not trimming quoted contents *WAS* the rant. Thanks for doing what you did.  The world is a happy place again!  :D

On 12/10/2017 at 11:52 PM, peteski said:

And a Ford 289 engine in a 1:43 scale AC Cobra.  The distributor is a bit clunky looking (molded with the intake manifold) - I should have reshaped it, but it is what it is.

EngineChassis08_zpsf9a66090.jpg.c55dd678a5184910968a5214d466af3c.jpg

Nicely done. good job, art conveys the idea.;) looking at all the other detail you have going i doubt most would notice.

Edited by Greg Myers

On 12/12/2017 at 4:49 PM, Greg Myers said:

Nicely done. good job, art conveys the idea.;) looking at all the other detail you have going i doubt most would notice.

Thanks!  Once the body went over the chassis, the distributor is not all that visible. That photo also shows it magnified - in 1:43rd scale it is pretty tiny.