[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      Board Status   07/20/2018

      Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Kemszi

MINE`s R34 Skyline GT-R-Aoshima

Recommended Posts

I started to build this car in begin of the year and almost finished it, but i messed up the painting
20171207_173108.jpg.2c9a5fb1419e4316a061263947531843.jpg

20171207_173122.jpg.6dd942f55dda94e538e0c06224e3b20e.jpg
so i started to respray it:

20171207_190232.jpg.bc172970685612d2d6fcdc0907c78c90.jpg

20171207_192552.jpg.7fd905ff65aa23faeabdfadf38752181.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kemszi, do you sand back after the primer.  I use 1000 grit to even the paint and get rid of orange peel effect or dust that settles in the paint.  Then spray the topcoat.  I learnt a lot from The Scalemodelling Channel on youtube, really talented guy from Holland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, skid896 said:

Kemszi, do you sand back after the primer.  I use 1000 grit to even the paint and get rid of orange peel effect or dust that settles in the paint.  Then spray the topcoat.  I learnt a lot from The Scalemodelling Channel on youtube, really talented guy from Holland.

he has a really nice shop aswell online... and sells aoshima kits relatively cheap (i havent found them cheaper yet atleast), and also good service when you have questions regarding ordering etc. 

Kemszi, some advice to prevent dust buildup during spraying, i have a hair blow dryer i use to blow over the cars between every layer of primer or paint i put down to blow of any dust that might have collected.... since ive done so, my finishes look 100x better!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, skid896 said:

Kemszi, do you sand back after the primer.  I use 1000 grit to even the paint and get rid of orange peel effect or dust that settles in the paint.  Then spray the topcoat.  I learnt a lot from The Scalemodelling Channel on youtube, really talented guy from Holland.

I used nail polish remover because i didn't want too thick coat of paint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not heard of using nail polish remover before.  What effect does it have.   Jereon that is good advice I will try the hair dryer next time between coats.  What do you guys do to try and get neat window edging, I really struggle with the detail painting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can wash back the paint with it. But it must be careful because it easily cuts the surface, and may not work with all paint types
 

46 minutes ago, skid896 said:

What do you guys do to try and get neat window edging, I really struggle with the detail painting.

First i use this pen to make the contour line

4902505086311-4902505086311_master.jpg.f9c9819b1cc720751e0dfad3e1891a96.jpg

2.i paint the edge of window with a thin brush.

if I cross the contour ,then  use 3M ultrafine polish, and 3M polishsponge to wash it back

3. use again the pen if it necessary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JeroenM3 said:

i have a hair blow dryer i use to blow over the cars between every layer

Thanks
for this i use low pressure compressed air

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how did you get the bad paint job off in the second pic? that looks like kind of a comic book style how you stripped the paint, and it actually looks really cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeadInside said:

how did you get the bad paint job off in the second pic?

I used nail polish remover and cotton pad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The acetone in nail polish remover will sometimes damage styrene and the acetone-free nail polish remover doesn't work well at all.  Better off using either the strongest isopropyl rubbing alcohol you can find to soak it, E-Z Off Oven Cleaner, Purple Power/Simple Green or brake fluid.

Stripping paint also depends upon what kind of paint was used and how long it has cured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used acetone free nail polish remover, with this paint work it well. But yes it doesnt work with all paint type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2017 at 2:46 PM, Kemszi said:

Thanks
for this i use low pressure compressed air

Be careful not to blow dust onto the paint job.

My trick is to let bodies dry in a cupboard, or at least tip a large box on its side and place the body in the box to dry, so its covered on 3 sides at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8-12-2017 at 12:44 AM, JeroenM3 said:

he has a really nice shop aswell online... and sells aoshima kits relatively cheap (i havent found them cheaper yet atleast), and also good service when you have questions regarding ordering etc. 

Kemszi, some advice to prevent dust buildup during spraying, i have a hair blow dryer i use to blow over the cars between every layer of primer or paint i put down to blow of any dust that might have collected.... since ive done so, my finishes look 100x better!!

HI Jeroen, what's the name of his shop, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now