Model Cars Magazine Forum

Life with cats. Does anyone else have this happen to them?

• 1 year later...

I do my model building in the basement. My workbench is also my computer desk . My Buddy doesn't get on it. When I'm away from it I be sure to put the chair in. He doesn't jump up on the counters either. I do let him sleep on my bed and the couch. Seems better to me than the floor but the floor is what he usually sleeps on.

He is a good cat, turned 10 last August. Indoor only all his life. Maine coon so he is rather large.

A pic of him doing what he does best:

cat1s.thumb.JPG.83a39a8534dc85604c4a14572c1cca29.JPG

After a hard day of model building.....
IMG_1006.jpg.76642b8b53654c23b2edebe45a12a87e.jpg

My office/shop/hobby space is in a separate building out back, so I hope most of the hair comes off walking back there.  Note the t-shirt. ?  They are well behaved, they have never knocked a model down, but do like to lay on the glass diorama case.

IMG_1006.jpg

Awww........your orange one looks a lot like my KitKat. Hard to believe it's been over 10 years since he's been gone and I still miss him. :(

My three come into my model room, but they don't bother anything on the table. It could be that they don't like the smell of the glues and paint on it that makes them stay away. At my last house, I kept the door closed to the room as one of them once wrecked a model that was in its case. Fortunately (for them), I was able to get it back together with no major damage done.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, DPNM said:

I do my model building in the basement. My workbench is also my computer desk . My Buddy doesn't get on it. When I'm away from it I be sure to put the chair in. He doesn't jump up on the counters either. I do let him sleep on my bed and the couch. Seems better to me than the floor but the floor is what he usually sleeps on.

He is a good cat, turned 10 last August. Indoor only all his life. Maine coon so he is rather large.

A pic of him doing what he does best:

cat1s.thumb.JPG.83a39a8534dc85604c4a14572c1cca29.JPG

Looks like my Maine Coon Henry I loss to vacine related cancel. 24 lbs of the biggest baby cat ever. Still miss him.

My rescue red tabby now sleep on my shoulders while I work at my desk......

Henry.....and yes it's summer do heat is off.

HENRYGAS.JPG

Edited by Dave Van