Model Cars Magazine Forum

More Vintage Model Car Ads

46 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Thanks a bunch!  A lot of those seem to be trade ads, aimed at retailers.  Tons of interesting info in there.  In the first ad, I'd love to find one of those '58 Chevy wagons, even if it is a "flywheel" model.

The trouble is that they were acetate-bodied promos and by now you could never find one that's not warped beyond recognition. If you did it would just be a matter of time. It's a terrible shame but true. Some of them still seem to bring high prices despite the warping!

A friend of mine has three complete AMT race tracks. One is brand new still sealed and unopened, the other two have been reconditioned and work perfectly..He's made about a dozen more cars from JoHan and Lindberg Mopar kits..Sure is fun to play with on those stormy night when the highways are nearly impassable..He lives about 30 miles from me..It sure brings back memories..They were huge money when they were released and he did pay dearly for the three he got on the Bay from the same guy..