Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revel Porsche Tractor

Bennyg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mike 51 said:

This kit has recently vanished from the Revell website (At least from the new products thread).  

I wonder what happened to it  :mellow:

Check eBay. I just got my second one delivered today, and there are plenty available.

Ben

22 hours ago, mike 51 said:

This kit has recently vanished from the Revell website (At least from the new products thread).  

I wonder what happened to it  :mellow:

That's weird.  And so is this:  I just checked a big U.S. vendor.  The Porsche tractor is not in stock yet, but the vendor has TWO different "place-holder" slots for it.  With 2 different kit numbers and prices for Revell USA and Revell-Germany:

Revell-Monogram USA: Kit #85-4485, price is $22.95
Revell-Germany: Kit #07820, price is  $26.95

???  I wonder what the difference is, if any.  I know the 2 Revells sometimes release each other's kits with minor changes.  Like the '05 Impala police car, which Revell-Germany re-issued with a real decal sheet and not the useless stickers in the U.S. kit. But that more than doubled the price of the Impala kit in the U.S., IIRC.  Can't figure out what would cause the $4.00 difference on the tractor.

3 hours ago, hpiguy said:

It says "Tractor Series" on the US boxing, so I hope more are being planned.

I am interested to see what else there is to come in this series, too. It seems this whole "Porsche made a tractor!!??" frenzy only sprouted up within the last few years, and I hate to use the word "fad", but I have my doubts tractor kits are that much of an untapped market.

16 minutes ago, Bennyg said:

That's my thought, I wonder if they have the licensing as they appear to have the licensing for VW and Audi, Lamborghini's current owners.

Ben

Lamborghini Trattori is a separate company, unaffiliated with the car brand (same founder).   I didn't realize they still exist and still make tractors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Trattori

This 50s version would be neat in scale.

1955-Lamborghini-DL25-Tractor-by-Lamborghini-Trattori-image-2-630x420.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

7 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Lamborghini Trattori is a separate company, unaffiliated with the car brand (same founder).   I didn't realize they still exist and still make tractors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Trattori

This 50s version would be neat in scale.

1955-Lamborghini-DL25-Tractor-by-Lamborghini-Trattori-image-2-630x420.jpg

Fair enough. Maybe they'll do a Klaas instead. 

Ben

5 hours ago, bbowser said:

I wish Round 2 would find the molds and reissue the John Deere and Massey Ferguson!

Those won't be reissued by Round2:

Andy says:

Do the International 1466, Plow or Farm Wagon molds still exist ?

• 3f026dcbd498b0646901a4a49aa15a31?s=32&d=JohnG says:

If they do, Round 2 doesn’t have access to those – any Ertl AG related tools were not a part of the tooling we bought.