Model Cars Magazine Forum

I know, it's not a car, but it has tons of wheels!

JAFFA

Hey guys, uhm, well it is not a car, but it's the only thing ive been tinkering with lately, (+ a few others in the same genre) and i thought it might catch the interest of someone, basically if anyone feels that i shouldnt keep posting updates, just say so, but please tell me if ya think i should keep posting too, because if i dont get any replies i will take it as a lack of interest and not post updates for that reason.

Left to do is:

Further detailing

Finnish up the two figures

A few more shots of red

A few more shots of "mud"

Some wear and tear as in:

Bleached paint

Scratches

Rust

Ok, up to pics!

Oh, i don't know, but maybe a warning to sensitive viewers is in order?? :lol:

I shot theese indoors, so the colors are a little bit off..

First shot of red:

IMG_1423.jpgIMG_1424.jpg

Second shot of red: (so far ive done three shots with various mixtures of red and thinner)

IMG_1426.jpgIMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

The turret:

IMG_1429.jpg

The rear:

IMG_1427.jpg

And some of the details to come:

IMG_1444.jpg

My god man, what happened did you bleed on it. I hope it wasn't serious.

Yeah, me too, I still have a ton of armor kits that I have been off and on thinking about trading in for more car kits.

I have actually won more awards with my armor than anything else. I just get tired of painting everything the same drab color and paint a jillion road wheels.

Edited by CAL

;) Jaffa, What, jus caz they aint got 20's n stuff onem dont mean they aint interesting!Personally I like Tanks.They just dont make alot in 25th scale.I do have all they do make tho.I gotta agree wit the treehugger tho, where do you find that kinda color confusion in nature? about the only thing I can think of is the forest in autumn.then youd hafta repaint em white in winter!Either way keep postin cause Personally,I like Tanks! :unsure:

Actually this is an actual camo from the ocupying german forces in France, most German camos had a desert-yellow base, combined with a brown and one or two greens, sometimes a red-brown thrown in there as well, and when the winter came they would repaint the whole thing using a waterbased white color that washed right off in water.

One thing tho, i rushed it a bit to get to the weathering, wich i really regreat, because there really should have been atleast twice as many stripes on there....

As for the uhhmm..., slightly gored appearance, i figured it would be fair for a piece of shrapnel in the neck of a disoriented crewman trying to escape from the turret, he will even be there lying on the front of the hull, just as soon as i get the figure moidified for it.

+ ive shot a full layer of grease, filth, mud and soot on there, and with him lying in the puddle, there wont be as much of it visible.

Edit:

Hoping to have some update pics tomorrow!

Thx for replying and looking!

Edited by JAFFA

The germans really had all kinds of weird color combos and patterns on their camos if ya look into it, thought i'd post this one cos it looks similar to the one i usually do:

21st_mobelwagstriped.jpg

But nothing beats the British blue-tan camo! thats just awesome! B)

The germans really had all kinds of weird color combos and patterns on their camos if ya look into it, thought i'd post this one cos it looks similar to the one i usually do:

21st_mobelwagstriped.jpg

But nothing beats the British blue-tan camo! thats just awesome! B)

Besides have a wide range of camos with basically 4 colors they also had a the most extensive collection of different vehilces.

Some were pretty cool, interesting, and just plan strange.

Some you have to ask yourself WHY?

Why would anyone think you'd need a mobile quad 20mm AA gun on a Panzer Mk IV chassis? Why?

Stugs made sense as long as you didn't try to use them as a tank.

Edited by CAL

Some were pretty cool, interesting, and just plan strange.

Some you have to ask yourself WHY?

Or like Hitlers reasoning "the bigger the better" with the lacking of fuel depots in field, many of the Tigers, Königstigers and jagdtigers, going on 190 Litres of gasoline per 10 Kilometres, were just left were they stopped, and due to his impatience not allowing proper prototype testing they often had flaws such as exploding exhaust systems due to backfire and lacks in the eshaust construction, often causing (especially the panther D) to burn from the inside, just so he could get another model out in the field.

Nice work guys, just remember that this is Model "Cars" Magazine, this belongs somewhere else :rolleyes: . :lol::lol:

I know, i know, just didn't have anything else to show right now... :lol::unsure: