Model Cars Magazine Forum

1993 Chevy Taxi w/winter weathering

BIGTRUCK

Since the interior had some dirt and wear and the engine bay too, the shiny body paint just looked out of place, so out came the Tamiya weathering set. I also cut out the driver side rear window to view backseat area. Masked off wiper track and shot some dull coat on windshield.

image.png.73d15dd9a71c442fe1029cd987954ab7.pngimage.png.a112ea576778843bcbd346616c09dfa6.pngimage.png.5795c6cfdc04fecece3928b5664bae93.pngimage.png.c5881ffbb95d5e34d0d7f99a5ecc03ea.pngimage.png.9f92274c101bb69102cb69d38eee82d2.png

Hey that's a nice cab next to some I've ridden in!  :lol:

I remember being in Boston and riding in an old Chevy like that one that the suspension was so worn that it just kinda glided down the street.  

Another memorable event was when I was in Cincinnati, which is across the river from Covington, Kentucky.  There were waterfront restaurants in Covington that had skyline views across the river of Cincinnati.  There was a funky rule that you would take a Cincinnati cab  over there, but a Covington cab had to take you back.  So the Cincinnati cabs would ride back empty and the Covington cabs couldn't pick up anyone in Cincinnati.  In fact as we were standing outside the restaurant, a Cincinnati cab was dropping off people and said he couldn't pick us up.

So this Covington taxi shows up.  An old square Caprice that was probably 15 years old at the time. It was damaged all the way around.  Inside the front bench seat back was broken and hanging back into the passenger area.   The engine wasn't firing on all cylinders and it kinda chugged and made you doubt you were going to get home.   Most awful cab ever, wouldn't pass inspection in any state!