[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.

I built this one a few years ago:

100_0537-vi.jpg100_0536-vi.jpg100_0538-vi.jpg100_540-vi.jpg100_0541-vi.jpg100_0540-vi.jpg

I got this Ford truck kit from eBay. It was already painted in this flat, rusty color.  Fairly even paint, even though it was dull. I decided to leave it as is, and go this route.

I removed the grille sections, weathered the underneath with Rustall, and scratchbuilt  the pipe rack. The tires are from American SATCO. A few bits and bobs, and other things, along with Woodland Scenics lettering, and I have a plumbing truck!

Hope you folks like it!!

Great looking build. You made it look like a normal well used work truck. All of the extras you added including the Pipe Rack really make it realistic looking.

Thanks, espo! I worked in the piping trade for 43 years, so I've seen a few trucks like this along the way!!:D

Thanks, guys! It's one of my favorite builds!

Thanks, guys!

KWT...where is Mayberry located in Tennessee?

Haha..right on the Tennessee/Kentucky state line. I live in a little town about an hour and a half north of Nashville.

1 hour ago, KWT said:

Haha..right on the Tennessee/Kentucky state line. I live in a little town about an hour and a half north of Nashville.

Westmoreland?

I love it! The rack, the makeshift dually fenders, the dull-but-even paint job... I think we all remember a pickup or two like this floating around our hometowns somewhere, sometime. :)

Was this shown in a magazine's show coverage? I SWEAR I've seen it before. 

1 hour ago, wku88 said:

Westmoreland?

Dang... You got real real close lol. Lafayette

Edited by KWT

Ah...I see! lol

I live in Lawrenceburg, Tn. About an hour and a half south of Nashville....close to the Alabama line!

Looks like we have middle TN boxed in, bro.

Great truck!  I call these  "Norman Rockwell Builds".  Slices of life so familiar that everyone swears they've seen the 1:1 in their town.  It's great to capture these in plastic as the real ones age out and go away.

10 hours ago, KWT said:

Dang... You got real real close lol. Lafayette

We'll be neighbors in a couple years. I got a place in Scottsville, KY. And Bucky, I get to Lawrenceburg a couple times a year on business.

Nice truck, BTW. Never understood why Ford didn't offer a dually pickup until 1980.

10 hours ago, wku88 said:

We'll be neighbors in a couple years. I got a place in Scottsville, KY.

Well then, Welcome to the neighborhood.

The more I look at this, it looked so familiar to me. Been racking my brain about it, and finally figured it out. It looks just like a handyman that used to be around here, when I was a little kid. I think maybe his was extended cab though...  Very very similar looking.

Edited by KWT