Model Cars Magazine Forum

Davis Brother’s 386 Pete 1/24 scale

Where do I start? Are the rear fenders, front bumper, visor, and rear light bars scratchbuilt or aftermarket? I imagine you started with the AITM hood, but cut out and scratchbuilt the headlight buckets? The headlight decals are a major downside to that conversion, but you overcame it. Lastly, the graphics are very well done, what is paint vs. decals? Metalwork Alclad? What a nice model! She’s a beauty!

The rear fenders I made,then cast them, the front bumper is made out of aluminum then polished. The rear light bar and air ride over box  I 3D printed. The hood I did get from AITM then cut the head lights out and casted a bucket. As for the paint it’s all paint,tape all strips with masking tape. The decals where printed on my Ink jet printer. The rims,steps and grille where painted with molotow marker sprayed though my airbrush. Thanks again and any more ? I will do my best answer the thanks again

20 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Ok, picking my jaw off the floor now!!!!!!! Hold on putting my toungue back in..... Ok!!!! What a sweet pair of trucks here!!!!!!! The real as well as your rendition are both stellar!!!!!!! Great stuff and great eye for detail!!!!!!

15 hours ago, landman said:

X2. 

11 hours ago, gatorincebu said:

very nicely done. Awesome paint work.

Be Well

Gator

Thank you guys! Really appreciate it.