Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pics of your Showrods anyone?

shoopdog

My WIP Street Fighter II. I've got a number of other Roth and T.D. show rod's that are currently packed away from the last NNL I attended. I should really get them unpacked and photograph some. Unfortunately I've been really tied up with work lately and haven't had time for much else. Show rod's are some of my favourite modeling subjects.

Dan, is that the Monogram Smug Bug/Muscle Bug? I've been looking for one for a while, had one when I was young and still have fragments of it. Looks awesome, as are all the other show rod's posted.

paint street fighter 002.jpg

paint street fighter 001.jpg

Edited by Phirewriter

There are some very col show rods on here.  I certainly enjoy show rods as throw back builds, and usually do not wire or plumb them like I so other builds,  which I am sure is nostalgia.

Here a couple from the last few years. 

2vzPFgCdxEz24.jpg

2vzPFgtgxEz24.jpg

2vzPFWadxEz24.jpg

2v29sU8RWxEz24.jpg

2v29sU8pgxEz24.jpg

Finally, I made this C- cab by cutting up a paddy wagon showrod up, and modified a la cart chassis bits.

2vMKmgnoxEz24.jpg

2vMKmgyrxEz24.jpg

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark

6 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

My WIP Street Fighter II. I've got a number of other Roth and T.D. show rod's that are currently packed away from the last NNL I attended. I should really get unpack and photograph some. Unfortunately I've been really tied up with work lately and haven't had time for much else. Show rod's are some of my favourite modeling subjects.

Dan, is that the Monogram Smug Bug/Muscle Bug? I've been looking for one for a while, had one when I was young and still have fragments of it. Looks awesome, as are all the other show rod's posted.

Michael, nice airbrushing

5 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

My WIP Street Fighter II. I've got a number of other Roth and T.D. show rod's that are currently packed away from the last NNL I attended. I should really get unpack and photograph some. Unfortunately I've been really tied up with work lately and haven't had time for much else. Show rod's are some of my favourite modeling subjects.

Sure is :Michael, I bought as a built up missing a few parts years ago glued the 2 half's together.  I built the Muscle Bug first time when I was 11 back in 72.  And I do have a complete one in the box unbuilt.

On 12/16/2017 at 6:32 PM, 1320wayne said:

The only build that I have resembling a showrod. It's my take on the beer wagon with a twist.

DSC08266-vi.jpg

100_6796vi-vi.jpg

PICT0053vi-vi.jpg

DSC08263-vi.jpg

Nice truck 1320wayne, do you happen to have any more pictures of the engine.  i was looking into making something like this myself.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, pcm1977 said:

Nice truck 1320wayne, do you happen to have any more pictures of the engine.  i was looking into making something like this myself.

Thanks

Here's the best that I've got. The setup is from a Tamiya Johnny Player Special Formula One kit.

DSC07977-vi.jpg

MVC028F-vi.jpg

Mvc004f-vi.jpg

Brian, your sprint car rod looks awesome. Did you use the AMT parts pack chassis? For what it's worth I painted the Street Fighter with a combination of Bob's paints, House of Kolor and pearl powder from Tom Gaffney (that goes way back) cleared with thinned urethane. Thanks for the complements guys.

Michael

Yep, the chassis & some other bits come from that parts pack. The pain with that chassis is the tubular beam front axle so I replaced it with something more appropriate

The body is part Model T & part sprint car tank & the rest scratch.

Congrats on the Street Fighter paint job. Its a model that needs it to make it.

Brian

On 12/17/2017 at 5:29 AM, Brianl said:

For what they are worth.... I can't seem to leave a kit standard. As someone very wise said on this site "Instructions are only someone else's opinion"

Brian

DSCF3643.JPG

DSCF3678.JPG

DSCF4213.JPG

DSCF4223.JPG

DSCF4297.JPG

DSCF4309.JPG

Not my usual style but man those things are genius. Concept and execution are both top notch!

Take one Monkeemobile, remove the oversized roof, add in the custom roof from Monogram's original '55 Chevy, turn it into a pickup and you have Dean Jeffries Shop Truck :)

How about an Ala Kart I built in 1966? Or the more recent issue built as a Highboy with an Ardun Flathead :) 

Or, Bad News in Orange and Yellow :) 

Then there is the Bootleg Express, driven by Junior J :) 

That's all for now :) 

Pontiac GTO Dean Jeffries shop truck 001.JPG

Pontiac GTO Dean Jeffries shop truck 002.JPG

Ala Kart 1964 AMT 001.JPG

Ala Kart Ardun 001.JPG

Bad News orange 001.JPG

Bad News yellow 001.JPG

Bootleg Express 001.JPG

Edited by Howard Cohen