Model Cars Magazine Forum

buying Zero paint

I found  a web site out of the USA that will  sell  Zero paint and ship to US.  Great  price  until   i got  shipping cost.   Paint  $35.00   shipping cost $120.00  almost 4 times the price of paint!!  does anyone know a good source  to buy Zero paint at a reasonable cost?

thanks,

Bill

I have made several purchases of Zero Paints off Spot Model in Spain in the past.  I guess it would be around 12 months or longer since my last purchase so I'm not sure what the current state of play is but my orders were dealt with quickly and arrived well packed and without any issues.

http://www.spotmodel.com/index.php?cPath=260_263_481

5 hours ago, 65slotcar said:

I found  a web site out of the USA that will  sell  Zero paint and ship to US.  Great  price  until   i got  shipping cost.   Paint  $35.00   shipping cost $120.00  almost 4 times the price of paint!!  does anyone know a good source  to buy Zero paint at a reasonable cost?

thanks,

Bill

Are you referring to Hobbyworld-USA? It's located in New Hampshire and the sole authorized Zero Paints dealer in the states. There is no way you were slammed with a $120 shipping charge. Better recheck the numbers. Here is Hobbyworld's info on domestic shipping:

For Domestic Shipping within the USA

Shipping is normally calculated by weight and destination.  We have decided to go back to a flat rate shipping amount of $6.80 for all packages up to 10 lbs.  Anything over 10lbs will go up to $13.80.  That's it.   We do also offer Media shipping rates for folks that buy JUST catalogs, reference books, decals, any other paper items that fit into a flat envelope.  Again this is for JUST paper products.  If you have a questions regarding shipping costs, feel free to email, call or PM on Facebook.

Edited by SfanGoch